Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post, thought I would share my timeline so far.

Huntington NY
Ordered 9/23/19 10:00pm - White, 18" wheels, black interior, full self-driving.
Decided to do financing through Tesla... forgot I froze my 3 credit bureaus, had to temporarily unfreeze.
9/24/19 10:30am - Got approval through Chase for 3.14 APR (better than the 3.99APR advertised by Tesla), 5:30pm received a call from Gallery at Walt Whitman Mall asking if I wanted to take delivery by the end of the month because my car is still in Cali. They will match me with a car close by and ship to my delivery location. They found an exact match... so no free upgrades on the car:(
Confirmed that they are giving 2 years supercharging for free. (We'll see when I take delivery)
They linked my order with the vehicle in White Plains and said someone from the Manhasset store will be contacting me to set up delivery.

To be continued.....

My first post, thought I would share my timeline so far.

Huntington NY
Ordered 9/23/19 10:00pm - White, 18" wheels, black interior, full self-driving.
Decided to do financing through Tesla... forgot I froze my 3 credit bureaus, had to temporarily unfreeze.
9/24/19 10:30am - Got approval through Chase for 3.14 APR (better than the 3.99APR advertised by Tesla), 5:30pm received a call from Gallery at Walt Whitman Mall asking if I wanted to take delivery by the end of the month because my car is still in Cali. They will match me with a car close by and ship to my delivery location. They found an exact match... so no free upgrades on the car:(
Confirmed that they are giving 2 years supercharging for free. (We'll see when I take delivery)
They linked my order with the vehicle in White Plains and said someone from the Manhasset store will be contacting me to set up delivery.

To be continued.....

Update:

9/24/19 9:00pm - Received text with tentative delivery date set for 9/27/19 and pay balance prior to delivery date.
Website showed vin and option to pay balance.

Reactions: boriszima
How was the delivery process? All good? No noticeable paint or body gap issues? Congrats!

A cool looking blacked out truck pulled up to my house at night (delivery ended up being at 10pm - I could have waited until the morning but didn't want to wait) and my car came out of the back of it. I felt like I was in a spy movie or something.

The guy that delivered it is just a driver so if I noticed any issues I don't think I could have done anything at the time. Regardless, there were no paint or panel gap issues that I could see, everything looks great!

I apparently didn't have alerts turned on for this site, so I apologize for the delay in my response.
How was the delivery process? All good? No noticeable paint or body gap issues? Congrats!

IMG_20190913_221432_exported_2417646396255669325.jpg

Reactions: bdelrizzo
A cool looking blacked out truck pulled up to my house at night (delivery ended up being at 10pm - I could have waited until the morning but didn't want to wait) and my car came out of the back of it. I felt like I was in a spy movie or something.

The guy that delivered it is just a driver so if I noticed any issues I don't think I could have done anything at the time. Regardless, there were no paint or panel gap issues that I could see, everything looks great!

I apparently didn't have alerts turned on for this site, so I apologize for the delay in my response.

View attachment 458799
That truck looks amazing.

Got my car today. Tesla totally met their two week delivery estimate. Ordered at night on 9/12, picked up on 9/24. White AWD with black interior and 18” Aeros. 9/2019 build sticker.
I picked up my M3 LR AWD yesterday, where do I find the build date sticker? I think mine may have been built before 9/1 because I don't hear the noise when driving below 17 mph or when backing up.

09/08 -- Ordered LR AWD White/Black 18" Aero Wheels No FSD
09/14 -- Changed configuration to LR AWD White/White 18" Aero Wheels No FSD
09/21 -- VIN showed up in source code
09/22 -- Received text to schedule pickup for Wednesday 09/25, signed up for Tesla Insurance
09/25 -- Picked up the car from Palm Springs, asked if they could Uber my fiancé and I there so we could both enjoy the ride back and they said no problem, was ~90 minute Uber ride. The guy that did the orientation did a fantastic job and spent a little over an hour showing us tons of features. Really great experience overall. Oh, and the car is incredible of course! Actually found myself looking forward to driving an hour for work this morning.