Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more question -
I live in NC and got the text yesterday to make sure my delivery profile is all filled out. I suppose that means I need to go ahead and get insurance set up now with only a week until delivery. Do I just have the insurance set to be effective for the day of delivery and upload proof beforehand to my Tesla account?

Raleigh here, too. Picked up yesterday.

That's what I did. Once I had the VIN I called my insurance and got the Tesla added to my policy. Uploaded a scan of my insurance card and it seemed to do the job!

Finally got the text to schedule delivery. It's set for 12/21. I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. LR AWD White/Black, w/ Aero's. No FSD.

Ordered 11/3. Found VIN in source on 12/4. With that, I was able to complete the loan application with Alliant on 12/6. As soon as that happened, I got a text to schedule delivery. The weird part is, My VIN is still not showing up on my page. It only shows the RN #.

• Helpful
Reactions: jayk82 and Skitt
Raleigh here, too. Picked up yesterday.

That's what I did. Once I had the VIN I called my insurance and got the Tesla added to my policy. Uploaded a scan of my insurance card and it seemed to do the job!
Did you use the VIN from the source code or did you wait until it showed on the account page? I suppose it's not that hard to change the VIN# with insurance later if it happens to change.

Finally got the text to schedule delivery. It's set for 12/21. I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. LR AWD White/Black, w/ Aero's. No FSD.

Ordered 11/3. Found VIN in source on 12/4. With that, I was able to complete the loan application with Alliant on 12/6. As soon as that happened, I got a text to schedule delivery. The weird part is, My VIN is still not showing up on my page. It only shows the RN #.

Well I’m in the same boat - except I cannot complete my Alliant financing until I get the final MVPA from Tesla……… I have done everything else from my vin in the source page. You didn’t have any hold up getting your MVPA from Tesla?

Well I’m in the same boat - except I cannot complete my Alliant financing until I get the final MVPA from Tesla……… I have done everything else from my vin in the source page. You didn’t have any hold up getting your MVPA from Tesla?

Has your SA or DA been in contact with you? I am also in Louisiana and it is like pulling teeth to get a response to an email.

Has your SA or DA been in contact with you? I am also in Louisiana and it is like pulling teeth to get a response to an email.
I managed to finally complete my loan application today. I never heard anything from a SA, I received an email from my DA fairly soon after getting my VIN in source. It never actually posted to my account itself, oddly enough. My MVPA is glitched out and refuses to download, I had to have him send it to me in order to pass it on to Alliant. My DA was fairly responsive, which is more than I can say for my loan officer unfortunately. I sent him everything Friday morning and didn't hear anything until today after I asked him if there were any updates.

Reactions: Timmygp
You really gotta love the absolute lack of concern for timeliness around the holidays. Response from my SA when asked if there was any estimate on when deliveries might happen:

"I asked my manager and our regional manager and they both have no idea about any timelines for any models besides it will come this month. Sorry this is as accurate as I can get."

I'd say the odds of me NOT cancelling my order drop by about 10% per day.

I ordered on 11/15, the SA wouldn't give a date because they don't know. I'm pretty confident i will get my car by the 25th, if i don't and have to drive my Grand Cherokee across the country for X-mas that will end up cancelling my trade in and screw my loan up, not to mention losing the $1,850 tax credit --- in that case i will cancel my order as well....... I'm still positive!!!

Ordered blue with white interior, FSD on 11/30, and I'm doing a trade-in. I'm also over 500 miles away from the nearest SC. My payment has been lined up (partial financing from Alliant is waiting for MVPA), and I'm just waiting on a VIN. Nothing in source yet. They assigned a delivery coordinator (carrier direct delivery) while I was asking about financing questions, so I emailed him today to ask about anything I could do to help make the end of year tax credit happen. He suggested that I go to a SC instead if I wanted the tax credit, which is fun. I don't think I'll do that for a variety of reasons (there's snow up here and I want to get winter tires on before I drive much... especially over 500 miles).

I'm pretty sure I won't get anything by year's end, and I'm going to be pretty disappointed if I lose that credit. I don't love that the ordering page basically assured me delivery by end of month, only to slightly change the wording to something about "we'll try our best" or whatever. I wonder whether they'll do anything to appease the hundreds of people who don't get offered delivery by end of month? I'd be happy enough if they knocked $1k off the final price.

Ordered blue with white interior, FSD on 11/30, and I'm doing a trade-in. I'm also over 500 miles away from the nearest SC. My payment has been lined up (partial financing from Alliant is waiting for MVPA), and I'm just waiting on a VIN. Nothing in source yet. They assigned a delivery coordinator (carrier direct delivery) while I was asking about financing questions, so I emailed him today to ask about anything I could do to help make the end of year tax credit happen. He suggested that I go to a SC instead if I wanted the tax credit, which is fun. I don't think I'll do that for a variety of reasons (there's snow up here and I want to get winter tires on before I drive much... especially over 500 miles).

I'm pretty sure I won't get anything by year's end, and I'm going to be pretty disappointed if I lose that credit. I don't love that the ordering page basically assured me delivery by end of month, only to slightly change the wording to something about "we'll try our best" or whatever. I wonder whether they'll do anything to appease the hundreds of people who don't get offered delivery by end of month? I'd be happy enough if they knocked $1k off the final price.

They are going to offer anything if they missed their time frame. There is too much demand.