Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a week out from scheduled delivery and still have only seen the VIN in source code, not on page. I was waiting for it to 'officially' appear before calling State Farm to get insurance all squared away. But I called today with the VIN I have, and they were able to set most everything up.

However, they required the address for the lien holder. I'm financing through Tesla, and loan came through as US Bank NA. I checked source again, and sure enough there was an address in there! BUT - this address didn't show up in State Farms DB, so she pushed back. I ended up calling the dealership where I'm taking delivery (Devon, PA) and an SA looked up the address -- same one in my source. So called back SF, explained this is the address they're looking for, and it's all good to go.

I have not spoken to a human at Tesla since my test drive. After speaking with an SA today, my VIN suddenly appeared on my account page.

Point #1 of this post - if you need a bank address and financed through Tesla, that should be in the source code too.
Point #2 - if you've got a VIN in source but not on page, reach out to the dealership if you haven't and see if it'll magically appear after your conversation.

Best of luck to all those still waiting to schedule a date to hit end of year!

(Ordered 11/23, Source VIN 12/5, Schedule text 12/6, Delivery 12/23, Central PA, Blue/Black LR AWD)

Nice! I did the same thing for my insurance and ask them to verify my vin. After talking to my SA, my VIN finally appeared on my page.

I am also picking up my car from Devon, PA on December 23!

Funny thing is I order a Blue/ Black LR AWD also! Hahaha. Maybe we will meet there.

• Love
Reactions: DrMrEd
FWIW @Timmygp...I’m in Houston, found source code on Friday, then received the text to schedule delivery on Saturday. I uploaded my proof of Insurance required here in Texas (just used the source VIN, insurance company said that if it changed they update to reflect VIN no problem) this morning. Spoke to both my SA here in Houston and the DA in Las Vegas, they both told me that Tesla’s servers are being hammered trying to get the MVPAs out and they’d “hopefully have it in a few days”. I also need that to supply to my credit union so they can fund the car before it can even be shipped to Texas.

Thats great news for you, you will def be squared away by end of the year!!! I’m in Lake Charles, and will have to have the Tesla delivered to my home, this will add even more time. They will not give me the option to drive to Houston to pick it up , the SA said it has to be delivered to the state it was purchased......

Reactions: jayk82
Got an email early this AM asking me to confirm my availability (interestingly, by selecting which days I'm not available), not sure if anyone else got it, but I'm trying to decide if it's a promising sign or not. All potential days to choose from were December 22nd or afterwords.

Nope You? I check multiple times a day. It’s pretty discouraging, I wish I had the discipline not to check. My only consolation is that there are only 15 days left in the month so I should have it within 15 days.
How about you?

Nope, not a peep other than it will come this month. I share your weakness and wish I too had more discipline as well, but I can say Tesla is giving me a nice lesson in patience. I chose Burbank for delivery, not sure if you chose the same location or not, but it looks that VIN assignment happens by the delivery center, is that correct?

Although, many people are receiving the scheduling restriction email, and I have not received this, leaving me to hope the vehicle may come before those dates in the email (Dec 22 - Dec 31).

Nice! I did the same thing for my insurance and ask them to verify my vin. After talking to my SA, my VIN finally appeared on my page.

I am also picking up my car from Devon, PA on December 23!

Funny thing is I order a Blue/ Black LR AWD also! Hahaha. Maybe we will meet there.

Just got a text to reschedule -- moving earlier!!! New delivery date is this Friday - a whole weekend sooner. I'm so giddy I can barely type.

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset and jmcmill
Nope, not a peep other than it will come this month. I share your weakness and wish I too had more discipline as well, but I can say Tesla is giving me a nice lesson in patience. I chose Burbank for delivery, not sure if you chose the same location or not, but it looks that VIN assignment happens by the delivery center, is that correct?

Although, many people are receiving the scheduling restriction email, and I have not received this, leaving me to hope the vehicle may come before those dates in the email (Dec 22 - Dec 31).
I chose the Buena Park location. I’m not sure about the VIN assignments. I hope it’s the main head quarters that assigns them, but that could just be wishful thinking.
I just received 2 emails back to back. One from the Brea sales manager. I was assigned an SA from there and he called me the same night I placed my order to introduce himself. The manager sent me a generic email that mentions making sure that my predelivery checklist is complete, inviting me to try solar, and saying that I can use her as an additional point of contact besides my original SA. The second email is the one that asks me to chose dates that I cannot take delivery on that several others have mentioned.
Hopefully we’ll have more news soon. I’ll keep you updated. Please let me know if you get any further information as well.
Here’s hoping for cars soon!

• Informative
Reactions: CruzTM3