Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my text - only gives dates to schedule 12/26-28. I am out of state until the 29th. Anyone have experience getting them pushed out? I tried getting through to chat but it just submitted a form and replying to the text. My local store (Vegas) is closed today...

I received a delivery date text this morning. Tesla said the M3 is scheduled to leave the factory 12/25 & will arrive in Portland 12/27. It’s a little faster than I expected & a few weeks slower than the SA estimate. Looks as though Tesla will get most cars delivered in Oregon by 12/31.
Order date 10/26.

Reactions: Clh79
Got my text - only gives dates to schedule 12/26-28. I am out of state until the 29th. Anyone have experience getting them pushed out? I tried getting through to chat but it just submitted a form and replying to the text. My local store (Vegas) is closed today...

As my own follow up, got the chat option to show up online and they had DA call me and we scheduled for 12/30!
Order day 12/6. No VIN yet.

Reactions: Clh79 and SMAlset
This morning at 8 am I got a text saying to schedule my delivery and that my car is scheduled to leave the factory on 12/26. I am picking up in Buena Park. I clicked the link and was able to schedule for on Saturday, 12/28. Still no VIN in source code, however. The text does say it is tentative and delivery could be earlier or later. I ordered my car 12/7.

Last edited:
I ordered on the 9th of November and it is an Order Fee, not a deposit, according to my paperwork.

I ordered on 11/14. Delivery set for 12/27. When we placed the order, my SA told me that the $100.00 order fee would show up as a $100.00 payment on the final paperwork. And true to his word, when my page was updated a few days ago with my final payment due amount, it now shows up on my order details as a $100.00 order fee, but also as a payment (credit). So bottom line, i was not charged the order fee.

Not sure if this is a California thing, and perhaps in other states they can keep it as a order fee.

Story time. I ordered 10/30. Total lack of communication for weeks. VIN in source 12/18. Delivery scheduled 12/23. Call today to move it to today 12/22. Went to pick it up at 3 in Carlsbad CA. Met our host, intro was fine. He asked us to check out the car. We noted some damages pretty easily. Missing paint spot on driver side mirror housing, scratch in front bumper, scratch in leather on front passenger chair, scratch in chrome trim on right side. They say no problem and ask us to wait for a bit. They come back and ask us to wait an hour. No problem. I was expecting something like this from the reddit threads. They come back in an hour and tell us its all ready. We go check the car. Some of its fixed, but there are new problems. The mirror housing, they don't have a replacement for at the moment. The front bumper they swapped out has peeling paint. When they swapped out the chrome trim, they dented the door. They note those items and we start to go through orientation of the vehicle. Through this, we note there is some deep scratching on the trunk lid (above the license plate holder). He notes that too. We finish orientation, and they mention needing an hour to fix the new stuff. Manager comes over to apologize for the not great experience. Offers us an uber to get dinner since we're on hour two. We say we'll just wait since we have dinner plans. We go back to the waiting lobby. They come back and say that they are actually out of bumpers too. Might as well just do all of the items noted at a later time. So we spend the next 30 minutes uploading pictures and descriptions of the damage. Then i get to go home.

Questions: How abnormally bad was this? Car works great, but lots of cosmetic damage. Give the dent and paint issues, they were talking about maybe going to a body shop that isn't a Tesla service center. That sounds bad too. Its all noted in my account, just need to set an appt apparently. Appreciate any thoughts.

Story time. I ordered 10/30. Total lack of communication for weeks. VIN in source 12/18. Delivery scheduled 12/23. Call today to move it to today 12/22. Went to pick it up at 3 in Carlsbad CA. Met our host, intro was fine. He asked us to check out the car. We noted some damages pretty easily. Missing paint spot on driver side mirror housing, scratch in front bumper, scratch in leather on front passenger chair, scratch in chrome trim on right side. They say no problem and ask us to wait for a bit. They come back and ask us to wait an hour. No problem. I was expecting something like this from the reddit threads. They come back in an hour and tell us its all ready. We go check the car. Some of its fixed, but there are new problems. The mirror housing, they don't have a replacement for at the moment. The front bumper they swapped out has peeling paint. When they swapped out the chrome trim, they dented the door. They note those items and we start to go through orientation of the vehicle. Through this, we note there is some deep scratching on the trunk lid (above the license plate holder). He notes that too. We finish orientation, and they mention needing an hour to fix the new stuff. Manager comes over to apologize for the not great experience. Offers us an uber to get dinner since we're on hour two. We say we'll just wait since we have dinner plans. We go back to the waiting lobby. They come back and say that they are actually out of bumpers too. Might as well just do all of the items noted at a later time. So we spend the next 30 minutes uploading pictures and descriptions of the damage. Then i get to go home.

Questions: How abnormally bad was this? Car works great, but lots of cosmetic damage. Give the dent and paint issues, they were talking about maybe going to a body shop that isn't a Tesla service center. That sounds bad too. Its all noted in my account, just need to set an appt apparently. Appreciate any thoughts.

Which threads ? They seem useful :)

Also had a not-so-stellar experience at the Carlsbad location picking up my RED LR AWD yesterday. It also had a lot of paint defects (paint chips mostly). I couldn't inspect it inside due to time slot limitation but I fully inspected it outside for over an hour and went over the defects with my delivery guy as well as one of the managers there.

I didn't refuse delivery for fear of missing out on the tax incentive but they did allow me to leave the car there to get the paint defects addressed (service guy said it may take some weeks, but maybe sooner) and I'm scheduled to have an UBER pick me up at my house to drive back to Carlsbad to get a Model S loaner.

The delivery guy did write the defects down, but my only main concern is the service dept may miss some defects and I would be without my car for even longer, or they may refuse to fix the remaining ones.