Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also had a not-so-stellar experience at the Carlsbad location picking up my RED LR AWD yesterday. It also had a lot of paint defects (paint chips mostly). I couldn't inspect it inside due to time slot limitation but I fully inspected it outside for over an hour and went over the defects with my delivery guy as well as one of the managers there.

I didn't refuse delivery for fear of missing out on the tax incentive but they did allow me to leave the car there to get the paint defects addressed (service guy said it may take some weeks, but maybe sooner) and I'm scheduled to have an UBER pick me up at my house to drive back to Carlsbad to get a Model S loaner.

The delivery guy did write the defects down, but my only main concern is the service dept may miss some defects and I would be without my car for even longer, or they may refuse to fix the remaining ones.

That makes me feel a bit better. I'm going to schedule my repair tomorrow, but think timing will be primarily around getting the parts in stock. Good luck on your repairs. I'm a big fan of the car already though, so at no point was I considering refusing delivery. And I'll gladly take a loaner S :)

That makes me feel a bit better. I'm going to schedule my repair tomorrow, but think timing will be primarily around getting the parts in stock. Good luck on your repairs. I'm a big fan of the car already though, so at no point was I considering refusing delivery. And I'll gladly take a loaner S :)

Yes the RED on my car was absolutely gorgeous and I really wanted to take it, but paying $56k, I can't in good faith take a car with some many defects, so I hope they address the issues.

If it's at the Carlsbad location, then for sure you'll get a loaner S.

I hope it's a P for mine :)

Hey guys, I live in the bay area specifically near Fremont, I received a text 12/18 saying they will contact me in the next several days for delivery timing ? But I have not received anything.

Should I be worried that I still have no vin and i ordered it on november 18?

They use to require a $1K deposit at reservation time and then $2500 I think as a further deposit at time of placing order. Now instead they charge a $100 ordering fee (note not a deposit and don’t believe is refundable)—which is more affordable for many to shell out, indicating serious intention to buy but still hopefully discouraging enough to dissuade people from waffling in the purchase.

Reactions: jmcmill
Just to give everyone an update. I received my delivery 15 days after order. Dec 7th was order date. MSM | AP | Long Range Dual Motor. My Tesla store had 40 deliveries scheduled for 12/22 so they asked if I could do my orientation outside since no bays were available. Since it was 45 degrees I said sure. Inspected it. Everything looked flawless. I absolutely love the car.

I also put my trust and faith in Tesla and paid for the car online a few days before picking it up since of holiday festivities going on the same day so I wanted to get in and out quickly. Signed a few docs, got my orientation and I was done.

Reactions: SMAlset and Bblsttx
Just to give everyone an update. I received my delivery 15 days after order. Dec 7th was order date. MSM | AP | Long Range Dual Motor. My Tesla store had 40 deliveries scheduled for 12/22 so they asked if I could do my orientation outside since no bays were available. Since it was 45 degrees I said sure. Inspected it. Everything looked flawless. I absolutely love the car.

I also put my trust and faith in Tesla and paid for the car online a few days before picking it up since of holiday festivities going on the same day so I wanted to get in and out quickly. Signed a few docs, got my orientation and I was done.
That's good feedback. Might just be some of these last minute builds getting put out for California with some quality issues then.

Yeah. Happened to me too. Your SA needs to fill in the fields for your insurance company name, policy number, and expiration date (that only he has access to). When that's done your profile will be complete.

Weird thing is I just got a text to select my date and time for delivery! They seem to be moving forward with me, despite my seemingly incomplete tasks. They let me select 12/24, so we will see if Santa truly does exist!!

Reactions: SMAlset and Bblsttx
We got our M3 (White/black AWD, Aeros) this morning (ordered 11/4) at Buena Park. The traffic was light so we arrived about 30 minutes before our 9am appointment. So, we were able to find our vehicle in the lot and checked it out before meeting with the DC. I was able to talk with staff in the lot and was told the car was detailed yesterday. I brought a friend for another set of eyes and we did not find any paint or alignment issues. Drives great but I will have to get used to how quickly the regen braking slows the car down.

Reactions: SMAlset and jmcmill
Just got a VIN in source today. Still no text and doesn't show up in my account page yet to do the insurance. Also in the source I see the "estimatedDeliveryDate" is set to 12/31 8PM. Hopefully that changes -__-

On my page on the right side panel there's this now:

Delivery Appointment
Dec. 31, 2019 at 08:00 PM

Welcome Aboard Dan and a Merry Christmas to the Tesla Club members.. I truly believe anyone who ordered on or before the 9th of December should receive their car.so far it looks to be true. those who are still anticipation and wearing their carpet out like I was, BELIEVE... Tesla team is truly working their tails off..