Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I’m pretty excited!
It looks like there’s a Red M3 LR AWD at Rocklin SC right now, but I don’t know if it’s preproduction or not (I’m not picking up in rocking anymore). However, I’ve been working with a Rocklin SA all day and he said that inventory changes frequently. Once a car is unassigned from someone’s account, it immediately goes to inventory so keep checking!
Just came back from Rocklin, two truck loads of M3's just arrived!

Congrats I guess although not your orig order. I have the LR AWD and apart from the range and speed bump, the premium interior adds some nice things. The sound system is really good, I appreciate the interior lights, and if you’re in a foggy area the fog lights come in handy. But the extra range is particularly nice to have especially with cold weather, using Sentry, cabin overheat during hot days, etc.

Thanks! My husband has been pushing for the LR AWD from the beginning so it wasn't completely out of the question. He's excited to have the car he wants and I'm happy to get the white interior that I wanted... so I guess it's a (pricey) compromise. I'm in Sacramento so I'm expecting the cabin overheat protection to be running most of the summer so maybe the extra range is necessary afterall. lol

Reactions: SMAlset
Picked up the car at Costa Mesa today. Was rescheduled to Dec 30, but my car arrived early.. Good luck to everyone
I've read a few posts indicating that their M3 arrived early. Actually, their M3 arrived exactly as programmed. The delivery schedule and customer notification was off though. I don't understand how a company that prides itself for using cutting edge ideas and technology still can't get basic inventory management right.

Got mine yesterday evening. I haven't had a chance to see it in the daylight, but all the panel gaps and paint seem to be in great shape. The only issues are two blemishes on the rear top glass. One seems to be a manufacturing defect with the top layer and the other is a 2" long horizontal scratch. I'm having trouble setting up a service visit through the app so I'll give them a call when they open this morning.
Like everyone says, it is an absolute blast to drive. Good luck to everyone still awaiting delivery.

LR AWD Blue/Black 18". Ordered 11/25, VIN 12/24, Delivered 12/29.

Reactions: jboy210 and SMAlset
Successful pick up this morning in Las Vegas! This is replacing a totaled M3 so super happy to be back in it. Delivery was fine - arrived 10 mine early, waited about 20 min, signed paperwork, and was shown to the car. Out the door by 10:30AM. No noticeable issues. Few things I questioned from prior delivery but DA said it was just how things are now (but that he has only been there a couple months) - no cloth cover in frunk and no phone charging cables - let me know if my info was incorrect and that I should have either. I definitely don't care about the phone cables but I would have pulled the cloth insert out of the totaled one if I knew - seems weird to just have the bare plastic up there.

White/White LR AWD FSD - ordered 12/7. Text to schedule 12/22. Couldn't do any of their dates due to travel, chatted and had them call me, scheduled 12/30. VIN 12/24.

On 12/28 they called mid-Afternoon to ask if I could come in taht evening to pick up, car hadn't arrived yet but they expected it to be there, but I was out of state so we left it with the 30th. Guy on the phone said they were doing 80+ deliveries a day and wanted to move people up to make sure they gave enough people time. Only 3-4 other deliveries seemed to be going on when I was in and all the ones in the bay were white.

Successful pick up this morning in Las Vegas! This is replacing a totaled M3 so super happy to be back in it. Delivery was fine - arrived 10 mine early, waited about 20 min, signed paperwork, and was shown to the car. Out the door by 10:30AM. No noticeable issues. Few things I questioned from prior delivery but DA said it was just how things are now (but that he has only been there a couple months) - no cloth cover in frunk and no phone charging cables - let me know if my info was incorrect and that I should have either. I definitely don't care about the phone cables but I would have pulled the cloth insert out of the totaled one if I knew - seems weird to just have the bare plastic up there.....

Info was correct no carpeting in Frunk and no phone cables (many seem to prefer a wireless pad instead). Also no bag hooks in frunk in new cars (think this applies across the board of models). Also depending on when you bought your totaled Model 3, they no longer supply NEMA 14-50 adapter in the kit. They did reduce the price of cars from before that factored in on these changes. Paid $61K with EAP back in 9/2018 and now comparable car with standard AP is $50,490 so there’s that.

Last edited:
Picked up my LR AWD white/white in KC this morning and drove it nearly 6 hours home today. That was a great drive! Sorted out all the range anxiety and whatnot. Supercharged twice and feeling pretty comfortable with distance driving, infrequent as that will be. One crazy story, a semi we were following on the interstate lost a lugnut and hit our windshield like a meteorite. I saw it coming and could feel the concussive force in my chest. Unbelievably, the glass didn't starburst..it just etched a 1.25" groove in the glass, missed everything painted metal at least. Held up better than the Cybertruck intro!

Got delivery of my LR AWD from Devon, PA. Delivery was quick and no issues with the car at all. Love it so much. Unfortunately right after delivery, I dropped it off to get the exterior and interior ceramic coated. So only had it for a few hours, since I had an evening delivery. Just got it back and can say it was worth it. Looks amazing!!

Attachments

• ABF18614-D5C6-41C1-8A66-7B67D2381090.jpeg
    ABF18614-D5C6-41C1-8A66-7B67D2381090.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 5DE959EA-07D3-47E3-8EF4-9C4EBBA5D6CF.jpeg
    5DE959EA-07D3-47E3-8EF4-9C4EBBA5D6CF.jpeg
    680.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 686856CB-8BAD-4B60-B8F7-4414AE6A3F45.jpeg
    686856CB-8BAD-4B60-B8F7-4414AE6A3F45.jpeg
    674.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 05ADB653-A995-4B1B-8C92-89BF23624107.jpeg
    05ADB653-A995-4B1B-8C92-89BF23624107.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 704CD1E1-08F2-4E40-A4CF-44543FD666B8.jpeg
    704CD1E1-08F2-4E40-A4CF-44543FD666B8.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 6D1779D4-E640-450E-B4CE-F1B987B68555.jpeg
    6D1779D4-E640-450E-B4CE-F1B987B68555.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 74
Got delivery of my LR AWD from Devon, PA. Delivery was quick and no issues with the car at all. Love it so much. Unfortunately right after delivery, I dropped it off to get the exterior and interior ceramic coated. So only had it for a few hours, since I had an evening delivery. Just got it back and can say it was worth it. Looks amazing!!
congrats on your new M3, looks amazing

i had a question for interior ceramic coating, what parts do they cover for the interior? im new to ceramic coating, so i have no clue especially for the interior of a car.

Picked up mine today at the Factory at 6AM (was originally scheduled for 8PM, but got a text last night saying my vehicle had just been built and got a link to select a time to select a time slot). Was the first customer of the day. Super excited and it was pretty cold actually (~34 F). Vehicle was mostly flawless, inspected it for a good half hour or so and only found some mild scratches on the vertical side glass panel where the car can be manually opened with the physical key. Very faint, almost internal-looking scratches on the panel on each side.

Also out of curiosity, the center caps on the aero covers, can they be removed to put them on the wheels instead? Didn't have time to mess with that much today.

Reactions: house9
congrats on your new M3, looks amazing

I had a question for interior ceramic coating, what parts do they cover for the interior? im new to ceramic coating, so i have no clue especially for the interior of a car.

Thanks! It basically covers all of the soft touch services, like the leather, carpet, suede, vinyl, etc. I don’t think it is ceramic exactly for the interior. Below is the link for what was done on the interior to be more specific:

Opti-Guard Leather - Car Leather Protection with Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl

I got the opticoat pro plus ceramic coating for the exterior.

Picked up mine today at the Factory at 6AM (was originally scheduled for 8PM, but got a text last night saying my vehicle had just been built and got a link to select a time to select a time slot). Was the first customer of the day. Super excited and it was pretty cold actually (~34 F). Vehicle was mostly flawless, inspected it for a good half hour or so and only found some mild scratches on the vertical side glass panel where the car can be manually opened with the physical key. Very faint, almost internal-looking scratches on the panel on each side.

Also out of curiosity, the center caps on the aero covers, can they be removed to put them on the wheels instead? Didn't have time to mess with that much today.
I don't know if the center caps on the aero covers come off, but you should just drop the $50 and get the lug cover set that Tesla sells as it has both the center caps and the lug nut covers. I greatly prefer the look of the wheels over the aero covers. Efficiency be damned.

Reactions: EnzoM3