Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a LR AWD last night. In my Tesla account, the first four steps are complete except for the trade in. Tesla's offer for my trade in is lower than I know I can get from Carmax.

My question is, how can i finish this step to move on with the process? Do I accept Tesla's offer and bring up the Carmax offer later? Or do I wait for them to reach out about it and then bring up the other offer. I don't want the trade in holding anything up.

Thanks!

I ordered a LR AWD last night. In my Tesla account, the first four steps are complete except for the trade in. Tesla's offer for my trade in is lower than I know I can get from Carmax.

My question is, how can i finish this step to move on with the process? Do I accept Tesla's offer and bring up the Carmax offer later? Or do I wait for them to reach out about it and then bring up the other offer. I don't want the trade in holding anything up.

Thanks!

You can either call your sales rep and ask them to match the Carmax offer or just sell it to Carmax. They only lock in the price for 30 days though so if your lead time is more than 30 days I’d sit tight for a bit.

570x760_smart_fit (1).jpg
570x760_smart_fit.jpg

Picked up my LR AWD yesterday, went straight to the paint protection shop for 3M and Ceramic so I won't see it again till Monday.

Reactions: Bblsttx and house9
Hi everyone,

Ordered my Black LR AWD on the 8th. Sold my previous car to a private dealership that beat Carmax’s price (and Tesla’s) on the 11th. Hoping to get this thing off of my credit report or at least get a letter from the bank saying the loan is closed in time for the new loan.

Around what time frame should I start to apply for the new loan? When I get my VIN? How close to vin does delivery follow?

Delivery time when i ordered said 4-7 weeks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bblsttx

Thanks!
I am in the same boat, my Tesla advisor asked me to stay put till we get to the part where I secure financing, then then take it to CarMax and email them the quote and they will adjust the trade-in value. I think (my guess is) they low ball you so that they don't have to do the inspection themselves, let CarMax and u do the work for them.

I am in the same boat, my Tesla advisor asked me to stay put till we get to the part where I secure financing, then then take it to CarMax and email them the quote and they will adjust the trade-in value. I think (my guess is) they low ball you so that they don't have to do the inspection themselves, let CarMax and u do the work for them.

I got a higher quote from Vroom. $1k more than Carmax offered. I suggest maybe trying that too!

So I think I made a little mistake!

I saw a performance model on the road yesterday and changed my order. My original order was Jan 8th.

Then after thinking about the extra 7k i changed it back to a LR AWD version. Im hoping i didnt push back my date too far. I noticed on the tracking spreadsheet that it doesnt look like they havent produced or assigned any vin's for Solid Black.

I guess we will see!

So I think I made a little mistake!

I saw a performance model on the road yesterday and changed my order. My original order was Jan 8th.

Then after thinking about the extra 7k i changed it back to a LR AWD version. Im hoping i didnt push back my date too far. I noticed on the tracking spreadsheet that it doesnt look like they havent produced or assigned any vin's for Solid Black.

I guess we will see!

Yeah, I ordered solid black LR AWD on Jan. 3rd and have no VIN yet, so maybe I picked the wrong color. Lol.