Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you order yours? I’m in west Texas and ordered 1/11..
ordered 1/12. I think they got a bot just texting ppl on wait list with some random meaningless dates. I am half way there to cancel my order, this is the longest I think I have waited for any legitimate response from any auto maker. At least Dodge had a live chat and they gave you info like .. your car is in paint or they are putting your tires on .. or its on the train headed your way... these texts are just BS and the tesla advisor is a non-entity.

ordered 1/12. I think they got a bot just texting ppl on wait list with some random meaningless dates. I am half way there to cancel my order, this is the longest I think I have waited for any legitimate response from any auto maker. At least Dodge had a live chat and they gave you info like .. your car is in paint or they are putting your tires on .. or its on the train headed your way... these texts are just BS and the tesla advisor is a non-entity.

I ordered a 2016 Chevy Colorado when it first came out. I ordered in March and got it in July. You must have gotten lucky with Dodge, because I heard pretty much nothing from Chevy until a few weeks before the truck got to the dealership. Tesla really isn't that bad.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
I spoke to a Tesla rep yesterday in a store. As currently my trade-in as well as payment is pending my action (don't want to proceed until I have a VIN) - he said it will not delay delivery. He said to just make sure it's all done and in order before delivery time comes.

I ordered a 2016 Chevy Colorado when it first came out. I ordered in March and got it in July. You must have gotten lucky with Dodge, because I heard pretty much nothing from Chevy until a few weeks before the truck got to the dealership. Tesla really isn't that bad.
In 2016 I bought my srt392, placed the order at the dealership, checked with Dodge 2 weeks later I got a VIN, with the VIN I was able to track online the progress on the car. I had to wait 3 months to take delivery but I had information if I needed it, and I got exactly what stage of assembly my car was in. I would expect a technology company to be better at tracking and reporting. I read here that they then a surprise you with a delivery notification, to have to plan life around a car delivery is just unacceptable.

Got a text last night saying "Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks. To learn more about charging..."

No VIN in the source code so I'm skeptical but if it is a bot, why does mine say 2 weeks and everyone else got 2-4 weeks?

(Ordered on 1/25, Tysons SC)

Got a text last night saying "Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks. To learn more about charging..."

No VIN in the source code so I'm skeptical but if it is a bot, why does mine say 2 weeks and everyone else got 2-4 weeks?

(Ordered on 1/25, Tysons SC)

odd. im in the dc metro area as well and my text last night said 3-7 weeks. (i ordered 1/19). what is your configuration?

Ordered LR Midnight Silver/Black Interior in Atlanta on 01/01.
- 4-7 weeks timeframe as of order date (01/29-02/19)
- Txt on 01/23 with an updated 3-8 weeks timeline (02/13-03/19)
- Txt on 02/06 with an updated 3-7 weeks timeline (02/27-03/26). Same timeline as if I was to order it today per the website (not that any timeline really means anything).

Debating if I should cancel and go for a model Y for the extra space, but I have no idea on an estimated timeline for those. I would not be surprised if it's like 6-9 months.