Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 2020-02-14_7-46-36.jpg
    2020-02-14_7-46-36.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 191
  • Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
It's the same in Colorado right now. A ton of new inventory that all state they're at the store but the rep said they're pre-production. Anyone confused by the pricing? The Performance with the 19's is cheaper than the old stealths. $1500 for the wheels and $1500 for the performance upgrade

The only difference in my order is the fact that I ordered with 19" Wheels. I would rather have my car now, and get some different wheels at a later date.

My delivery options were Rocklin CA and the Fremont Delivery Hub (both show existing stock now)

Tesla is probably thinking they can sell these inventory cars while they are also producing cars for reservations and get more sales out of it. It's the only thing that I can see that makes any sense.

Still haven't been able to get ahold of someone to tell me if I can swap my order to pick up one of the cars in inventory.

Of all the inventory that showed up this morning, interesting that almost all of it is without FSD. Just 11 (of over 500 cars), all performance. About 40 match my configuration (except the FSD), but none where I am. I'm coming to the conclusion that the only folks at Tesla with a clue are the designer/engineers.

Just spoke to my SR. Gave her 3 VINs showing as having the same config as my order and available at the two local showrooms. As noted above, these are all in pre-production. When I asked whether there is any benefit to getting my reservation switched to one of these new VINs, my SR said no and that she'd suggest keeping things as is. My original order date was 1/27 for LR AWD white with 18" wheels. Latest text message received yesterday said 3-5 weeks.

Just spoke to my SR. Gave her 3 VINs showing as having the same config as my order and available at the two local showrooms. As noted above, these are all in pre-production. When I asked whether there is any benefit to getting my reservation switched to one of these new VINs, my SR said no and that she'd suggest keeping things as is. My original order date was 1/27 for LR AWD white with 18" wheels. Latest text message received yesterday said 3-5 weeks.

Bisedogg; that lines up exactly with what my Houston based SR told me. At least they are consistent.

I ordered 1/24, same config as yours. Will be interesting to see if our cars arrive that same time.

Received a text today saying 2-5 weeks. The text that I received on 2/6/20 also said 2-5 weeks...

Website still says 5-7 weeks from order date.
Yea - website still shows the original range of weeks for me (
*sugar* like this really make you wonder if your making the right decision? How can a company this successful be this unorganized about production and delivery? Maybe it’s time to just take the $100 loss and run!!!
And take the $100 to buy what
Bisedogg; that lines up exactly with what my Houston based SR told me. At least they are consistent.

I ordered 1/24, same config as yours. Will be interesting to see if our cars arrive that same time.
This is the exact message I got from my SA as well

Regarding the huge bolus of new inventory cars showing up online I can now confirm with absolute certainty the monkeys are running the zoo at Tesla. Called my friendly neighborhood delivery center to get some info, or at least confirm the car was or was not on site and I got a very vague answer. Followed up with the obligatory we'll have your sales advisor call you which will surely be followed up with the obligatory radio silence from my advisor. I've never had to work so hard to give someone $60K. Yet somehow I'm still excited about the car.

• Funny
Reactions: E Dizzle