Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla trade-in values are terrible, they don't want to deal with trade-ins. Go get an offer from Carmax or somewhere else, you'll almost certainly get a better offer.
It’s also important to factor in the value of the tax advantage of trading in. Carmax was going to give me $1k more, but my tax savings by trading in comes to about $3k so it’s a better deal for me. YMMV.

Called Las Vegas SC and was told to expect Vin this week and a one day transit time. Ordered 1/23. Guess we will see how accurate that estimate is. Coming up on the 7th week.

Anyone else waiting in Vegas?
San Diego here and ordered about 11 days before you. Coming up on week 9? I guess.
What made you call the sc? Just wanted an update from them? The sales guy just told me to wait until mid March before bugging him again. Lol

San Diego here and ordered about 11 days before you. Coming up on week 9? I guess.
What made you call the sc? Just wanted an update from them? The sales guy just told me to wait until mid March before bugging him again. Lol

Just wanted to hear from them on their estimate. Haven't gotten a text from them in a minute. Seen some one on here already get their Vin for a performance and they ordered after me.

It’s also important to factor in the value of the tax advantage of trading in. Carmax was going to give me $1k more, but my tax savings by trading in comes to about $3k so it’s a better deal for me. YMMV.
Tesla matched my CarMax offer so I got the best of both worlds. Tesla offered 10K, CarMax offered 13K. Sent the advisor the offer and they had it updated within the hour. So makes it basically getting 14K factoring in tax advantage. I was hoping to get 14-15k private party so it was worth it to not have to deal with that

Reactions: AlanSqB
-Ordered a grey LR AWD on 2/8/20
-Tesla said 3 to 6 weeks via txt on 2/18/2020 [VIN was visible on website]
-Was told that delivery might be delayed (can't remember the day).
-On 2/24/20 got a call that a blue one was already assembled and available, so I switched.
-On 2/24/20 got a txt that delivery was 2 to 5 weeks.
-On 2/29/20 got a txt that it was in transit and to create an appt. for delivery.
-Appt for delivery is scheduled for 3/18/20

Ordered on 1/12 in Southern California
LR AWD/Blue/Black 18"
with tesla loan. no trade in.
Email from sales guy in late Feb told me "mid March."
Last text was on 2/24 and it said "2-4 weeks"

Ok, just got the delivery text today, 3/5, and scheduled it for the first available slot on 3/9.
VIN never showed up in source (at least as of late yesterday) before showing up on my account.
Language changed to please pay off remaining balance, etc.

Ordered 2/29 in south central Wisconsin
LR AWD/red/white aero, FSD
waiting to hear back on tesla loan and trade in value on my MINI.

Got text today, and it said it’s in transit, and to schedule delivery. I’ve chosen the 17th (ASAP)
Can’t access source while mobile but I didn’t see any VIN besides my trade as of last night.

Reactions: ofcorona