Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess we are officially part of the waiting room. So a question or three. We are in BC Canada. If we log in it says “next step insurance . We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.“.

Where are we in the process. Does this happen way before delivery?

Where is this hidden source code VIN? In an email? On the webpage?

Thank you.

getting beyond frustrated. Tesla has had my financing for weeks, I've been paying insurance on the car since the 28th, and it's just been sitting in Houston for over 2 weeks waiting for a truck to deliver it. I can't get anything more definitive then "Very soon", which I've been getting the last two weeks. Apparently it's on a truck, but they've been holding the truck for days because the truck has space for one more car and they want to fill it up.

Awesome.

getting beyond frustrated. Tesla has had my financing for weeks, I've been paying insurance on the car since the 28th, and it's just been sitting in Houston for over 2 weeks waiting for a truck to deliver it. I can't get anything more definitive then "Very soon", which I've been getting the last two weeks. Apparently it's on a truck, but they've been holding the truck for days because the truck has space for one more car and they want to fill it up.

Awesome.

Logistics man.

Yeah. Was a little frustrating to have not heard anything for days, then calling them and having one of them tell me "So it looks like they're waiting on your proof of insurance. Oh I see we already have it, going to go ahead and mark that as, nevermind I see your state doesn't require proof of insurance to take delivery. Ok so we'll forward it onto logistics and see about getting it loaded onto a truck"

Edit: After complaining and calling this morning I just got a call from my delivery consultant, m car will be delivered Sunday.

Last edited:
john5520 said:
-Ordered a grey LR AWD on 2/8/20
-Tesla said 3 to 6 weeks via txt on 2/18/2020 [VIN was visible on website]
-Was told that delivery might be delayed (can't remember the day).
-On 2/24/20 got a call that a blue one was already assembled and available, so I switched.
-On 2/24/20 got a txt that delivery was 2 to 5 weeks.
-On 2/29/20 got a txt that it was in transit and to create an appt. for delivery.
-Appt for delivery is scheduled for 3/18/20

Got a call today saying the car is ready for pick up this Sunday (3/15). Can't wait!

Blue LR AWD, FSD, Aero.

Received a text on Monday 03-09-20 saying "Update on delivery timing - your Model 3 is now expected to be ready for delivery 2 - 3 weeks from today" :-( I ordered 02-19-20. Bummer......but now joy! Got a text this morning "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled for delivery! Select your appointment now at tesla.com with my order #. If not appointment is selected by tonight, we will schedule the first available appointment. To learn how to prepare for delivery, please visit tesla.com". Went to the site and low and behold, Monday 03-16-20 at 10:00 AM was available in Portland, OR service center. Made hotel reservations, rental car lined up and we will be off on our journey on Sunday. Think I need to make a checklist so I don't forget any details......super excited to say the least. Talked to our Farmers Insurance agent (customer over 45 years) and we will be his first customer with a Tesla. He did not indicate any issues, said we would be automatically covered. He did request a test ride....LOL

So I ordered on Wednesday (3/11) LR Blue/White 18s. Today, two days later, I received a text, "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled for delivery!" Two days!?! When I ordered, two days ago, the site said 8-12 weeks. Should I be concerned?
No. Likely many current orders being cancelled right now. You got lucky on one already headed your way that matches.

Ha! You did tell me two days ago that I wouldn't be waiting long!
My finger has been hovering over the cancel button for a couple of days now.

I had a day 1 res I cancelled due to quality concerns and I’ve waited this long before jumping back in. My current justification, besides the pandemic, is that I might really want a model Y anyway. My wife prefers the 3, but that hatch looks so useful.

I guess I don’t have to really decide until I get the delivery invitation.

anyway, best of luck with your delivery. Going to be a long couple of days.

Reactions: ml0204