Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
getting beyond frustrated. Tesla has had my financing for weeks, I've been paying insurance on the car since the 28th, and it's just been sitting in Houston for over 2 weeks waiting for a truck to deliver it. I can't get anything more definitive then "Very soon", which I've been getting the last two weeks. Apparently it's on a truck, but they've been holding the truck for days because the truck has space for one more car and they want to fill it up.

Awesome.
Call your insurance and tell them you have not taken ownership yet. You will not be charged. Tesla will notify you when your car is ready for delivery, the you can add insurance. I’m in the same boat except my car is in Nashville waiting to be delivered to Louisiana. That’s the info my SA gave me. On another note - I live 2 hours from Houston, I am taking delivery through Nashville because I was told by SA that a Tesla sold out if Houston would not be able to get temporary plates for at least a week..... that was not an option I could handle.

That would be some bad timing. Ordered 2/4 Blue/White/LR AWD/19" (Los Angeles) and still have no vin. With everyone in LA freaking out over the virus, I fear my wait will be even longer.
I’m starting to think that’s what’s going on at this point. My store is pretty close to the epicenter of the whole thing here in WA so I think they’re dealing with it. A little communication would go a long way though.

Ordered 2/12 white/ white sport wheels no FSD
2/24 will be built within two weeks
2/28 vin in source , was able to make payment plus mvpa
3/4 delivery can be scheduled and car is in transit scheduled for 3/16
3/14 call to confirm delivery
3/16 at 10am is pickup

wait is almost over, couldn’t be more excited I feel like a little kid again
Located in NC

Just got notified car is in transit and to set up a delivery date. I will pick mine up Tuesday, 3/17. (Hope they don't paint it GREEN!)

Question regarding FINAL PAYMENT, I have seen conflict info in app and web page, pay before or bring a check on delivery day, what have others done? I want to inspect the car first before handing over that much money.

If you build it...

4F0B89EE-3106-4D7F-9389-511B18AF9FB5.jpeg

Just finished installing the Wall connector. I’m not impressed with the build quality, but it looks nice once it’s buttoned up.

Now, just need the car.

Just got notified car is in transit and to set up a delivery date. I will pick mine up Tuesday, 3/17. (Hope they don't paint it GREEN!)

Question regarding FINAL PAYMENT, I have seen conflict info in app and web page, pay before or bring a check on delivery day, what have others done? I want to inspect the car first before handing over that much money.
I am bringing a cashier's check with me for final payment. I filled in for financing third party.
I sure wouldn't mind green! I'm picking up on the 17th as well!! :) I chose red though.

Ordered on 2/17 Blue/Black Interior/18" Aero Wheels/no FSD.
- Received text 3/9 that vehicle will be ready in 2-3 weeks from today and delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a car w/my config becomes available.
- No VIN in source yet, but spoke to my SA 3/13 and said to wait for an update sometime during next week. Which could mean delivery within a couple weeks.

Fingers crossed it's sometime this month. :confused: