Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 2/17 Blue/Black Interior/18" Aero Wheels/no FSD.
- Received text 3/9 that vehicle will be ready in 2-3 weeks from today and delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a car w/my config becomes available.
- No VIN in source yet, but spoke to my SA 3/13 and said to wait for an update sometime during next week. Which could mean delivery within a couple weeks.

Fingers crossed it's sometime this month. :confused:

I ordered the same configuration on 2/13 and received the "your model 3 is now expected to be ready for delivery 1-3 weeks from today." on 3/9. No VIN in source and my SA says he has no information. I feel like the Blue/Black combo is the last config to be built. Fingers crossed we both get them before April!

Got a call a few minutes ago that the delivery truck is delayed in Alabama, so the appointment is rescheduled for Monday 3/16 at 2pm. Hoping there are no more surprises.

SA called yesterday saying the truck issue was taking longer to resolve and the delivery will be delayed till Tuesday 3/17.
After a back and forth, I told him I've heard of his happening to others and hope I'm not going to get strung along for weeks.
He assured me that's not the case and that the driver estimated he'll be there by Monday, but they needed time to prep the car which sounded reasonable.

Just got a call that the car arrived and will be ready for Monday at 4pm. Now I feel bad for giving the guy a hard time. At least, the waiting game is definitely over. Hopefully, others get their deliveries soon.

I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow at 11AM. Pretty sure it'll be delayed though as I don't have my plates/registration which are being shipped from Toronto. I also don't have a tracking # so I assume they haven't even been sent.

I did go by the service center and saw my car there though! They were even charging it. I felt a bit like a creep but I couldn't help myself, ha.

When I placed my order on Feb 21 I think there were only 3-4 LR AWD locally. They all were variations we didn't want like white interior, wrong color, or 19" wheels. So we placed an order. Today there are 5 sitting locally that match exactly what we ordered, and there are 24 different LR AWD at the dealer, not to mention numerous SR+ and Performance. We're supposed to pick up our car on the 18th, but in hindsight we could just walk in right now and get what we wanted. Of course there's no way to know that or even guess it would have turned out this way, it is just kind of crazy to have to wait 3 days for our car when what we want is sitting there ready to go. I know I could call and try to get one that is there now, but we have everything scheduled for Wednesday and can't really rearrange things to get something earlier. Instant gratification would be nice, but at my age I can wait a few more days. :D

I wonder if some of this is due to people bailing on orders due to the recent stock market gyrations.

Just got notified car is in transit and to set up a delivery date. I will pick mine up Tuesday, 3/17. (Hope they don't paint it GREEN!)

Question regarding FINAL PAYMENT, I have seen conflict info in app and web page, pay before or bring a check on delivery day, what have others done? I want to inspect the car first before handing over that much money.
I think it varies depending on State.

I was able to bring a check and inspect before finalizing. They fixed a couple items on the spot for me

Many of the cars showing in inventory on the website aren't actually at the stores. They're "in transit" there. They put them on the website for that location sometimes days before they ever arrive.
Yup. I called my store when I saw my configuration "in stock" right after they delayed my delivery. They looked it up and it had just left Fremont and would arrive a week after mine anyways

Picked it up on Friday 3/13/2020! Configured on 2/6/2020. Delivery experience was awesome, my DA contact was at the service center and was super attentive and friendly. The car was in perfect condition; paint looked excellent, panel gaps were even, no fit & finish issues. I paid via Plaid ACH (then later changed my bank password) signed some paperwork and I was ready to go. The DA explained lots of items in the car submenu and chatted with us about the car and features for ~30 min. Then we were on our way.

I'll be honest, the car is seriously amazing, very pleased with the product and the entire experience at this time. We'll see how things go once I have to take it in for service, but so far so good. Now taking it to get Tint, PPF and Ceramic.

Reactions: JBT66
I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow at 11AM. Pretty sure it'll be delayed though as I don't have my plates/registration which are being shipped from Toronto. I also don't have a tracking # so I assume they haven't even been sent.

I did go by the service center and saw my car there though! They were even charging it. I felt a bit like a creep but I couldn't help myself, ha.

Delivery delayed until I can get my plates. At this point they can't say when. I have a feeling lockdowns are going to impact my delivery and it might end up being weeks+

We took delivery on Saturday after ordering on January 18. Dual Motor LR Blue with black interior and the 18" aero wheels. The delivery experience was great. Smooth with a helpful DA. The car is so much fun to drive. Well worth the wait. Hang in there, you'll love it!

Reactions: blazeform
Did you come from out of state to pick up in NJ? I am from NH and picking up on NJ next week so curious how the experience was, condition the car was in, etc.
I live 15 mins from the nj dealer where I picked up my 3. The experience was pretty good. Signed papers for 5 mins. The advisor showed me stuff about the car for about 15 mins. I'd say I was in and out in 30 mins. Never going back gasoline cars again!