Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday afternoon. The car is great, no issues. Timeline below.

-2/21 Test drove a M3 LR AWD in the morning, ordered a white/black 18" Aero LR AWD in the afternoon. Trading our 2019 Leaf SL. Web site estimates delivery in 3-5 weeks.
-2/27 Leaf trade still not approved, emailed the local Service Advisor, he said he emailed the remarketing team, it should be taken care of today or by tomorrow morning.
-2/28 I wait until after lunch, still no progress on the Leaf trade approval. I didn't want this to hold up getting a VIN assigned. I emailed the SA in the afternoon, he called the remarketing team, the trade was approved in minutes.
-3/5 VIN in source
-3/7 Text that car was in transport, need to set up delivery date. Earliest date offered was 3/17. Due to a potential conflict I chose a date of 3/18.
-3/11 One week until delivery, still no VIN showing on the car's Manage page. I want an "official" confirmation of the VIN before I contact my insurance company. I was out this day and close to Tesla so I stopped in and spoke to a SA. She gave me my VIN (same as what was visible in source) and by the time I got home it was showing online.
-3/16 Delivery is two days away, I still haven't been contacted to confirm the car is on schedule to arrive. I email the SA, he says he spoke to the driver and it will be in tomorrow.
-3/17 I visit CarMax to get a quote on the Leaf hoping it will be higher than Tesla's trade offer. CarMax's offer is $800 less. I get home, the Tesla SA had emailed me while driving home. The car is in and ready, and we can pick it up. We pick it up a day early.

As you can see, things moved fairly quickly and were pretty painless. It did take some prodding on my part to make sure things moved along and to get updates. Thankfully the SA was attentive and responded quickly and took care of things. The car arrived within Tesla's estimated delivery range.

With that, I'll "exit" the Waiting Room and venture out into the real world. The wait may seem long, but it is worth it.

• Love
Reactions: Jccope64
Took delivery yesterday. Ordered 2/29. (I put this in the order tracking spreadsheet) It was a bit awkward with the “touch free delivery” but we got through alright. Literally could’ve been there a total of 15 minutes if it wanted but I wanted to install some of the aftermarket accessories I’d bought and inspect the car.

Hey all. From time to time I read things here that mention the serial number shows up in the code etc. What does this mean. What web document. How is it viewed etc. We have a model 3 AWD on order since a couple weeks ago.

Thanks all.

The source code is the web page code which you can bring up with Chrome and other web browsers. To see an example, right-click on any web page with Chrome and choose 'View page source' and you'll see a bunch of html code.

Now visit your Tesla page and click on 'Manage'. After the page loads, right-click with Chrome and view the page source. Then search for VIN (use the CTRL + F keys to bring up the search box) and look for a serial number beginning with 5YJ. If you see it (might be in multiple places), it's most likely your VIN.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
The source code is the web page code which you can bring up with Chrome and other web browsers. To see an example, right-click on any web page with Chrome and choose 'View page source' and you'll see a bunch of html code.

Now visit your Tesla page and click on 'Manage'. After the page loads, right-click with Chrome and view the page source. Then search for VIN (use the CTRL + F keys to bring up the search box) and look for a serial number beginning with 5YJ. If you see it (might be in multiple places), it's most likely your VIN.

Tried it. It works. Woohoo. Unfortunately no Vin yet. And from what I read re the shutdown I probably won’t see one for 3 to 6 months.

Has anyone gone through a drop off delivery? I got a text saying my car is going to be dropped off at my apartment building and that I don’t have to be present but do have to access the car within 12 hours. This seems counter to lots of other people’s experiences. Not really sure how I get to inspect the car if it is just going to be dropped off in some random parking spot. Not even sure if I will be able to find where they left it.

• Informative
Did it explain how to sign the paperwork? I wonder if that’s going to become the norm since so many Tesla stores in malls are closing for a bit.

Supposedly there is going to be a prepaid FedEx envelope in the car with the paperwork and the credit card keys. I wasn’t sure if this was something new they were doing to beat the quarter end or was a response to coronavirus.

Supposedly there is going to be a prepaid FedEx envelope in the car with the paperwork and the credit card keys. I wasn’t sure if this was something new they were doing to beat the quarter end or was a response to coronavirus.
How are you supposed to get into the car to get the paperwork? The app is not normally activated until the delivery is finalized. Surely they aren't leaving the car unlocked?

Just changed my config from white to blue/black aero no FSD. Wasn't sure if my car would be produced any time soon due to the shut down. Car is in transit. Checked the local inventory and it was there. Ill change back to white if I see it in inventory the next few days before I take delivery of my blue.

I guess my 2/8 order is not getting fulfilled this quarter. We must have just picked the totally wrong combo. Now the factory is closing down. SA is completely AWOL.

I will try to see this as a good thing. Probably shouldn’t be spending the money on it right now anyway. Just a bummer.

Took delivery today and absolutely love the car, no issues that i could find while inspecting the car in the rain.

Timeline:
02/14 ordered MSM LR 18” aero with FSD.
03/18 with the factory shutting down found a LR with 19” sport in stock locally. Vin assigned to my acct.
03/19 picked up with a very hands off delivery by the staff.

I feel very fortunate. Ordered 2-19-20 and picked up LR AWD in Portland, OR on 3-16-20. Hit a couple of SuperChargers on the way home down the coast utilizing my referred 1000 free miles. Hunkering down now due to Covid-19 virus. Looks like Fremont plant is going to shut down. Wife's educational consulting work has totally shut down for the foreseeable future.
"The Times They Are a-Changin'" as Bob Dylan said. Delivery experience was to the point, covering any questions I had while Portland SC attendants were wiping down door restroom doorknobs, door handles, counter tops, etc. Timing on delivery worked out for me and I feel fortunate but so sad for many that missed their delivery date because of a plant closing. Companies and Americans are doing the right thing to keep this virus from disrupting our way of life for who knows how long.