Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my delivery today. All went fairly well except there was some superficial damage to a bottom rocker panel, probably from the transport truck. It was noted on the delivery statement.

When I got home and washed it however it became obvious the paint issues continue at Tesla. There are minor paint imperfections all over the vehicle and there are two clear spots where there were problems they had to rework. Both I managed to buff out with some aggressive random orbital polisher action. If I were not already prepared with low expectations for paint from Tesla I would be very unhappy...as it is however I'm merely resigned to the knowledge it's probably going to be a great car...with amateur hour paint.

Here is a picture of the paint run on the passenger door after I wiped it down with some isopropyl alcohol to remove their wax job. It looks like they crudely scraped it down then just put wax on it to make it look better. There was also a spot up and to the left of there where there was clearly some tape along the door, because past the tape line there was a ton of scratching..

paint2.png

paint1.png

Delivery day spent doing this:
paint3.png

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Have had the car almost a week and Just did my first road trip today , drove over 350 miles today and had just one stop for about 15 minutes , autopilot drove basically the whole time . Couldn’t be happier with how it went.

I'm playing around with autopilot myself and I have to say, even in beta, it's impressive how it can keep the car so steady in the dead center of the lane. Today was a good test as the evening sun made the lines hard to see and it still managed to keep it centered.

Took delivery yesterday of my MSM AWD M3 without a hitch (order date 3/4). Picked up in Indy since I’m from Michigan so got a 200mi drive off the bat. I was able to change the pickup time to an earlier time and they were very responsive over the phone. I was able to confirm the car was there on Tuesday and proceed from there since it’s a drive for me. I think they are spacing out delivery appointments a bit to decrease traffic in the store.

Tesla is adhering to the COVID social distancing. My daughter and I hung out in my car when waiting for our turn (Our choice). One signature and out. Appropriately they didn’t sit in the car to run through the features, but I read through the owners manual and they were available to ask questions. Mine was a simple deal (no trade in) and I couldn’t have been happier with the process.

My only concern at the moment is if the Michigan DMV shuts down or limits visits it might present issues with getting my registration completed but we’ll see.

No issues that I could see or feel with the car. I need to learn the regen braking. Computer screen soft reset in my first 5 min in the car which freaked me out, but hasn’t since. Autopilot is amazing as is auto steer but it has issues when I drive by on ramps in the right hand lane (tries to follow the right hand line which is far away.

• Informative
I had a dream last night about whether I should have ordered the performance version. In my dream the performance model had...a turbo. In my dream you would engage the turbo while accelerating from 30-60 and the dash gauges (I know, it was a dream) would glow red and reality would vibrate and shudder as though you pressed the boost button in a video game.

Anyway, I ordered a silver LR AWD March 11 and just made a delivery appointment for Monday afternoon. Thirteen days!

If you don't see me in this thread again then everything worked out perfectly. :-D

I had a dream last night about whether I should have ordered the performance version. In my dream the performance model had...a turbo. In my dream you would engage the turbo while accelerating from 30-60 and the dash gauges (I know, it was a dream) would glow red and reality would vibrate and shudder as though you pressed the boost button in a video game.

Anyway, I ordered a silver LR AWD March 11 and just made a delivery appointment for Monday afternoon. Thirteen days!

If you don't see me in this thread again then everything worked out perfectly. :-D
LR AWD has amazing performance. You will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Jccope64
3/7: text to schedule delivery
3/20: scheduled delivery!!

even more excited now that I have a specific day to look forward to
Delivery was delayed one day to 3/21 but everything went smoothly. From NH and picked up in NJ so had a solid 200+ mile drive right off the bat and love it. Here she is at her first supercharge (and I must say, although I love everything about the car...range anxiety is real!)

Attachments

• 2622B040-ACB8-4337-9062-BE8D140655B7.jpeg
    2622B040-ACB8-4337-9062-BE8D140655B7.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: CaptainKirk
My Blue/White is arriving at the Lawrence, NJ dealer tomorrow, for pick-up Monday. Looks like everything is being shut down in NJ tomorrow. So close, yet so far away....

They called me yesterday morning and asked if I could get their by noon to pick the car up before they are forced to shut down. Car is in great shape, with the exception of condensation in the left taillight (likely from when they washed the car).

I ordered the performance boost last night, but unfortunately the car is still running on software version 2019.35, so I need to wait for an update for the boost to work!

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSqB
Ordered 1/29, White/white/18/LR AWD
Modified 2/5, to Blue/White/19/LR AWD
VIN in source on 3/4
Scheduling text on 3/8
Picked up on 3/21

Pickup experience was nice. I walked in, they met me at the door, and I said I'm here to pickup. All done outside after that. The guy was clearly willing to get me out of there fast but quickly understood i wasn't going to be just signing and driving away. He was there to answer questions but would also step away between questions which was good. I'm told there are "virtual orientations" and I got a link for that emailed to me.

I found the rocker panel under the driver's side was popped out a little bit in the middle, and there were some smudges inside. They pushed the panel in and cleaned off the smudges no problem. Software is old and the charge was at 43%. I got home no problem. I asked about the 1000 miles and learned Virginia does not benefit from the referral code program!
After getting home I noticed the drivers side rear door felt like it closed a little different, and then I noticed the panel gaps are a bit off on that door. Then I noticed the triangle on the passenger side by the mirror looks like it wasn't glued on fully. I made a service appointment for Monday to see if they will fix those two things. Hopefully that's quick and easy...

It turns out I could have written a check. I didn't know that so I didn't bring one and I ended up paying through the tesla website where I had to enter in my bank info.

The car is tons of fun! No regrets so far, even considering the times we are in!

Reactions: CareyP
Didn’t end up picking up the car yesterday. Just too late in the day to get up there in time. They’re working on getting us set up for a Tuesday delivery. I have to reapply for financing and my trade must be reappraised since it’s been over a month and a half now.

We will see what Tuesday brings.

Was it the original one you ordered?
No. Ended up with a Blue/Black/19, which my wife says she likes better. She was going along with the white intern because she thought I wanted it and vice versa. I think the black interior will work better for a family with lots of black dogs anyway.

I don’t love the 19”s, but she does and that’s enough for me.