Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're from Roswell? I think I've seen yours before, it's the only Model 3 I've spotted in red. They really are beautiful cars, and they stand out quite a bit next to the usual sedans I see here. I was hoping to test drive one out in Texas but the virus ruined that plan.

We’re from Artesia, but we pass through Roswell most weekends.. One reason I bought red was because I was hoping it would be the rarest color. Well, there’s only one other Tesla in town and guess what? It’s red!

It finally happened, I got a VIN number!!
I talked to a Tesla SA and he told me that my car was on a train to Birmingham, Alabama and was scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville, Florida by August 14. I ordered on May 11 a LR AWD 19” wheels, white/white

Let the deliveries begin!!:D:)

Congrats!! As you know I have the same config as you, I wonder if my car is on the same train. Did you call and ask or did they reach out to you?

It finally happened, I got a VIN number!!
I talked to a Tesla SA and he told me that my car was on a train to Birmingham, Alabama and was scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville, Florida by August 14. I ordered on May 11 a LR AWD 19” wheels, white/white

Let the deliveries begin!!:D:)
Wow that’s such a long wait! That’s going to be so exciting for you. I hope everything goes well!

FYI, for anyone near Cleveland, OH there is a discounted “new” red/black with 19” sport wheels currently available. I called about it today, because I was curious, and it is a tester. Might be worth it for someone waiting for red!
2020 Model 3 | Tesla
It's been available for three days. I was mildly interested, but it would cost me $3500 more than what I have on order. ($1500 for 19" wheels, $100 for red instead of blue, and $8000 instead of $7000 for FSD) So I'm passing on it.

There's one inventory model each in Reno and the SF Bay Area that's what I want, but I'm in Ohio. *sigh*

Hey guys/gals, Thought I would join the thread---I am waiting on a white LR AWD with 19" wheels... Placed the order July 21, estimated delivery 4-8 weeks. I am assuming, based on reading some of the posts, I'll be waiting close to 2 months. I figure while I am waiting I'll install a 14-30 or 14-50 outlet in my garage. What are folks doing for home charging?

Hey guys/gals, Thought I would join the thread---I am waiting on a white LR AWD with 19" wheels... Placed the order July 21, estimated delivery 4-8 weeks. I am assuming, based on reading some of the posts, I'll be waiting close to 2 months. I figure while I am waiting I'll install a 14-30 or 14-50 outlet in my garage. What are folks doing for home charging?

Im planning to order the wall connector. I keep checking it daily to see if it’s in stock. Yes, I signed up for the email notification!

Welcome! You have great taste, that’s the same build as me! I ordered on July 12 with the same 4-8 week window. My wife and I are pretty excited so we have also been following the Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet thread and numerous people that ordered “recently” got their VIN numbers today, which is promising. Anyways, I just installed a 14-50 outlet in my garage and plan to use the included mobile charger. This will require the $35 adapter from Tesla, but should charge at 30mph and saves $465 over the wall charger.

Welcome! You have great taste, that’s the same build as me! I ordered on July 12 with the same 4-8 week window. My wife and I are pretty excited so we have also been following the Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet thread and numerous people that ordered “recently” got their VIN numbers today, which is promising. Anyways, I just installed a 14-50 outlet in my garage and plan to use the included mobile charger. This will require the $35 adapter from Tesla, but should charge at 30mph and saves $465 over the wall charger.

Thank you! I am pretty excited myself. Yeah, I need to get the correct adapter for the mobile charger but first need to speak with the electrician coming over tomorrow to see what he recommends. I had a brief conversation with him yesterday about the 14-50 outlet and he said he didn't recommend it--said something to the effect that is would "use up half the electricity in the house". I guess I am okay with the 14-30, just was hoping to charge a little quicker. And although the wall charger seems nice, I figure I would save by just getting a compatible outlet. Anyway, congrats on the M3--you definitely got it in the best configuration (haha)! Hope you get that VIN ASAP

I ordered a red, LR AWD with white interior + 19inch wheels back on 7/5; no Vin yet - but am hopeful that I will have one this week at some point; i went back and forth on the options for home charging but ended up shelling out for the Tesla Wall Charger; we wanted the extra 15 miles per hour on the charge rate for our purposes.

Just got a call from the dealership in Princeton! They said that my car has finished production in Fremont and they're preparing the vehicle for shipping. They estimate delivery will be in about 2 weeks but they will reach out towards the beginning of next week to confirm things like financing and give me a more solid estimate.

For reference, I placed the order for a white ext. black int. M3 LR AWD with 18in aeros on 7/15. No VIN or MVPA on the page or in the source code but this is great news!

Reactions: Forensic
Just got a call from the dealership in Princeton! They said that my car has finished production in Fremont and they're preparing the vehicle for shipping. They estimate delivery will be in about 2 weeks but they will reach out towards the beginning of next week to confirm things like financing and give me a more solid estimate.

For reference, I placed the order for a white ext. black int. M3 LR AWD with 18in aeros on 7/15. No VIN or MVPA on the page or in the source code but this is great news!

Congrats! I also have an order date of 7/15 and I live 30 miles away from you, but I haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if our cars will be on the same truck. Fingers crossed!

Congrats! I also have an order date of 7/15 and I live 30 miles away from you, but I haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if our cars will be on the same truck. Fingers crossed!
That’s great news! I bet both of you will receive your LR AWD cars at the same time. It’s a nice feeling knowing that things are moving forward now. Ordering a car online has been such a different experience than going to a car lot and picking one out. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Reactions: Forensic