Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order is from 7/7 for a White/White LR AWD, no FSD, 18" wheels. Estimated delivery always said 4-8 weeks from time of order. I haven't heard anything from Tesla since placing the order.
I also haven't submitted for credit approval yet, as I read you should wait until you have a car assigned and a delivery date, and the credit approval might expire if you are waiting too long.
Submitted the credit application after being requested to do so. Just received a text from Tesla saying they expect delivery in 4-7 weeks from today. That would put my total wait time at 8-11 weeks.

Just spoke to my Sales advisor. They don't see any update on my account (ordered 07/25, white/black LR AWD, 18" FSD in NJ)

He said that I would likely get an update on VIN in next 2-3 weeks, very unlikely that I won't get one by the end of this month.

He said currently people who ordered in May/June are getting deliveries. Seemed a bit stretched. But don't think there is anything concrete.

Just spoke to my Sales advisor. They don't see any update on my account (ordered 07/25, white/black LR AWD, 18" FSD in NJ)

He said that I would likely get an update on VIN in next 2-3 weeks, very unlikely that I won't get one by the end of this month.

He said currently people who ordered in May/June are getting deliveries. Seemed a bit stretched. But don't think there is anything concrete.

I ordered a LR AWD on 7/25 as well and I got a text today saying it would be ready 4-8 weeks from today.
So Tesla is probably going to jam out the orders the last week of September to impact the Q3 earnings report just like they did the last week of June.

I placed my order (blue, black interior, LR, 18") on July 17th, so I'm approaching my 4th week in my 4-8 week estimated wait. In the meantime, I've been keeping a close hear to the message boards pertaining to order/delivery. I've also watched a ton of Youtube videos and Tesla Model 3 tips & features and saved them so that I can pull them back up after I get my car. Also, you might want to start looking at the more imperative accessories for the Model 3 and maybe place your orders now/soon (as they are sometimes low on inventory or take at least several weeks to deliver. I've ordered some essentials: car cover & floor mats; I ordered them 3 weeks ago and still waiting ... but I'm pretty certain I'll still get them before I get my car. All of the fun accessories, I'll start ordering once I have my car, like puddle lights and console wraps, etc. Along with Amazon, here are some popular ones: rpmtesla.com ; evannex.com ; tsportline.com ; electrek.co ; taptes.com.
I ordered the same as you on the same day. SA told me last week that delivery will be end of September at the latest.

How soon do they send the text estimating weeks until delivery? I ordered mine 8/14 and haven't heard anything. Just a thank you text for submitting my insurance, etc.

Looks like folks in the US have been waiting since mid July. Broad consensus is that Tesla ships all cars ex-US in the begining of the quarter (to make delivery numbers for that quarter), and then switch to US deliveries towards the end of the quarter. most people here are expecting their deliveries in Sept with majority deliveries getting pushed out in mid-end Sept.
But it's also absolutely random and you might receive a delivery text whenever. Good luck.

Hello everybody, patiently waiting like everyone else! A little bit of background I initially reserved the model 3 back in 2016 but bailed due to some unforeseen circumstances.... I then placed another reservation in early April only to put it on hold until 7/27. Now that I am officially in line I have been regularly checking my order page. Got all my documentation (Credit check, insurance etc.) in at the same time as the hold was removed. I have test driven the RW, AWD & P3. Ultimately I settled on the LR AWD with Black Exterior & White Interior configuration. Reached out to my SA today and he sent this back:

“Hey, still waiting! Confident it’ll be in the next 2-4 weeks. Once we have a VIN assigned, we’ll know we’re about 1-2 weeks out.”

Not sure if it helps or hurts everyone here but just an update.

Good luck and thanks for all the helpful info on here!

ps. In the Chicago area

Hello everybody, patiently waiting like everyone else! A little bit of background I initially reserved the model 3 back in 2016 but bailed due to some unforeseen circumstances.... I then placed another reservation in early April only to put it on hold until 7/27. Now that I am officially in line I have been regularly checking my order page. Got all my documentation (Credit check, insurance etc.) in at the same time as the hold was removed. I have test driven the RW, AWD & P3. Ultimately I settled on the LR AWD with Black Exterior & White Interior configuration. Reached out to my SA today and he sent this back:

“Hey, still waiting! Confident it’ll be in the next 2-4 weeks. Once we have a VIN assigned, we’ll know we’re about 1-2 weeks out.”

Not sure if it helps or hurts everyone here but just an update.

Good luck and thanks for all the helpful info on here!

ps. In the Chicago area

we just took delivery on Saturday; love the white interior; it really makes the car "pop"; plus it makes an already surprisingly roomy interior feel bigger;

Reactions: ml0204 and TimCMass
i ordered on 7/5; got vin on 8/5; delivery on 8/15; original estimate at order time was 8-12 weeks

but these windows are very dependent upon your configuration + when you ordered + when in the quarter you placed your order;
have you placed an order yourself?

Yes, it seems to be a bit of a crapshoot! I ordered white/black w/ 19" sport wheels on 7/12 with 4-8 week estimate. No VIN yet and no communication from my SA. I did receive the dreaded 5-8 week text a couple weeks back which seemed to indicate my timeline had reset.