Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like folks in the US have been waiting since mid July. Broad consensus is that Tesla ships all cars ex-US in the begining of the quarter (to make delivery numbers for that quarter), and then switch to US deliveries towards the end of the quarter. most people here are expecting their deliveries in Sept with majority deliveries getting pushed out in mid-end Sept.
But it's also absolutely random and you might receive a delivery text whenever. Good luck.

Thanks! I talked to an SA and they told me no matter when I order that all deliveries would be around the end of September.. Makes sense because it's the end of the quarter.

Hello all!

I just ordered my LR Model 3! I was wondering do you need to have applied for financing before a VIN is assigned?

You will need to confirm on your profile how you will pay for the car. If Tesla financing, select that and follow the steps. It says on the site approvals are good for 60 days. Once that and the insurance section are completed it brings you to the order finalization section and that confirms the order.

Where in Florida are you? I was just in the Tampa SC yesterday and was told anticipated arrival date for my car was 2 September.

I just spoke with a SA at the Cincinnati location. She said that they don't have a VIN yet, but as of August 10, my delivery should be two to five weeks, and I should have received a text then. Of course, because all they had at that time was my landline number, I never received the text.

So now, it's one to four weeks. With my luck, it will be four weeks.

You will need to confirm on your profile how you will pay for the car. If Tesla financing, select that and follow the steps. It says on the site approvals are good for 60 days. Once that and the insurance section are completed it brings you to the order finalization section and that confirms the order.

Where in Florida are you? I was just in the Tampa SC yesterday and was told anticipated arrival date for my car was 2 September.

Hi! I am in Tampa as well..just moved here actually from PA. That’s great news for you.

Tesla finance offer is 60 days but some of the CU I was looking at were 30 days...so was trying to avoid having an offer expire and than credit being pulled again. I might just have to do it and hope that they deliver in 4 weeks.

Hi! I am in Tampa as well..just moved here actually from PA. That’s great news for you.

Tesla finance offer is 60 days but some of the CU I was looking at were 30 days...so was trying to avoid having an offer expire and than credit being pulled again. I might just have to do it and hope that they deliver in 4 weeks.
I’m in Tampa also, they specifically told me not to apply for financing until it was closer to delivery date in order to not have to re apply and get dinged twice on credit check..

I’m in Tampa also, they specifically told me not to apply for financing until it was closer to delivery date in order to not have to re apply and get dinged twice on credit check..

You would certainly be less than 60 days out to delivery and would imagine it would be the time to do it. I only got dinged 5 points and my scores have already come back. I'll be very close to the 60 days and am not too concerned if I get dinged again.

You would certainly be less than 60 days out to delivery and would imagine it would be the time to do it. I only got dinged 5 points and my scores have already come back. I'll be very close to the 60 days and am not too concerned if I get dinged again.
No doubt, I was told to apply last week when they told me I was “soft matched” for a vin in production. Whatever that means. Which was about on my 4th week.

I just spoke with a SA at the Cincinnati location. She said that they don't have a VIN yet, but as of August 10, my delivery should be two to five weeks, and I should have received a text then. Of course, because all they had at that time was my landline number, I never received the text.

So now, it's one to four weeks. With my luck, it will be four weeks.

I'm basically on that same schedule with Cinci, maybe we will be on the same truck or whatever they deliver on haha.

Ordered 8/12 - LR, White with Black Interior, 19" wheels.
Called Cincinnati today and was told it is currently being painted and was given VIN.
HOORAY!!!! OMG!! Will be loaded on a train to Chicago and then to Cincinnati!

That's insanely quick, also I'm jealous, but happy for you!

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    820.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Love
Reactions: stephtacular
So kinda long post. before i'll put the TLDR first. ALWAYS check the inventory site.

So this might not work with everyone but with people who want their car sooner and ok with MAYBE spending more read on.

So I ordered my LR AWD on July 17. on the 10th i got the "another 5-8 weeks from now" text which sucks. I typically check the new inventory site every day a few times throughout. I was getting kinda tired of waiting. I also was going to have an issue with my insurance if i didn't get a VIN soon. (sold my other car last month. been without insurance for a month, could get a suspended license.) So with one day left till that deadline (this was yesterday the 21). I again for the 3rd time check the site and BOOM. My same order except the 19in wheels vs the 18s. I called right away to be able to be matched to the car.

They worked with me right away to get it all set up and I just paid that extra difference instead of adding it to the financing. Sadly it was at a way further location but I was offered a uber ride to go get the car. Which was great. If i wanted the car shipped down (30 mile difference) could have taken another week or so.

So yea. in the end me always being on my phone refreshing that page a car I wanted popped up and was able to get it the next day rather than wait another 5+ weeks. Is it worth spending an extra $1500 to get the car now than wait that time. For me yes, and some others i believe it will be worth it also.

- I tried to asked them if they could just switch the wheels to the 18s. They said it was a service they did before but no longer do :(

Reactions: NpOverspeed