Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed order 8/20. Recieved 2-4 week delivery text on 8/25. Beyond excited. Feel like a little kid counting days until Christmas. Ordered midnight silver LR dual motor with aero wheels. Hoping there's a truck to Charlotte with my ride soon.
Same config ordered 7/15 to FL, still no vin. Starting to think the color was the last on their list lol. Was told it should be out of factory today so maybe I’ll get a text on Monday..

Same config ordered 7/15 to FL, still no vin. Starting to think the color was the last on their list lol. Was told it should be out of factory today so maybe I’ll get a text on Monday..

I never got a text, just an email with my VIN. Granted, it was from the SA I dealt with up in VA. Call or stop by either SC in Tampa. They have both been very helpful to me.

Ordered: 7/27
Received VIN: 8/30
Tentative Delivery: 9/15

Received update by calling local Chicago SC today!

LR AWD Black/White Int. 18” Aeros

Excited to finally put a delivery date to things!

Hopefully my 8/22 order is on your truck shipment to Chicago too. I texted my SA yesterday, but didn't get a response, it's only been a little over a week, but can hope.

SA
How long did you all wait for the text to schedule delivery after finding out your VIN? I just got my VIN yesterday but I’m so eager to get that text!
I called my SA because I had not received any texts, and she said that the VIN came in at midnight that same day. The next day, I received a text asking me to schedule a delivery. The earliest I could schedule it was 15 day later. I now have nine days to go

Reactions: BrandonR24
Thanks for the answers guys. I text my SA but he told me to wait for a text to schedule delivery. He said the text would come closer to when the car gets closer? Weird, but ok. Lol. Other thing is he is located in Texas since that’s where I test drove the car. I’m picking up in Cincinnati.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ropogigio724
Is there no way to add acceleration boost upon ordering the AWD? That way it can be financed into the total cost?
I asked my SA this same question and she said:

We can not add it before delivery. It is considered a modification which is why it must happen afterwards.

Oh well. Although I do want the acceleration boost upgrade, now that it can't be added before delivery I thought I'd drive the car for a couple of weeks then add the upgrade so I would hopefully be impressed with the difference.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801