Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery is tomorrow afternoon!

Ordered: 7/27 - LR AWD Black w/ White Interior
Vin: 8/30
Delivery Scheduled for 9/15
Arrived Today 9/11

SA state’s their Inspection found there were several scratches on the front bumper that they are working to fix.

hopefully delivery goes well tomorrow 9/12! 3 days early!

-Chicago

Reactions: NpOverspeed
I switched my config today from SR+ to LR AWD, will that extend my wait time for the car? I was quoted 1-2 weeks a few days ago? (received a text on 9/9 that I was expected to take delivery in 1-2 weeks)
I did the same thing on Monday 9/7 and I received the update confirmation on 9/8. My SA told me that it shouldn’t have pushed it back (I received the 1-2 weeks text the next day), since I changed it before the cut off for custom orders. You should call your delivery center to inquire about the change and if affected your delivery time

It shouldn't push it back. Either way, you will get your car before the end of the month.

Good move upgrading to LR AWD.
Thank you!!

I initially was just going to try to acquire an LR AWD they added into the SoCal existing inventory, but then I started reading reddit forums about how people regretted not going to the LR from the Sr so I had to do it, only increased my payment by a little so whatever.

Reactions: hang10z
Good news, my Tesla Model 3 LR Midnight silver metallic has been scheduled for delivery for September 25th. Ordered on the 14th of August and got vin/mvpa last Sunday on the 6th. Paid in cash. First time buyer of a Tesla and I’m ready for the future, but really the present. My guess is since the production for the Model 3 is mostly perfected, minus some things that the car should be in order. Very exciting! Hope everyone else gets their cars too before the end of September to make it in time! My power rate is .04 cents a kilowatt as well so the gas savings is immense! I live in upstate NY, picking up the car at mt Kisco.

Its delivery day! :D

Delivery today, picking up Elektra, went well. I was a bit disappointed the cars weren’t under cover as there was light rain at 1030 this morning in Tampa, but no big deal. Efficient check in with 2-3 SAs in the lot helping. Since I had e-signed everything yesterday, I only had to sign the delivery acknowledgment. I went around the car and saw nothing major. Maybe a misaligned rear door. The SA said to make an appointment to get checked. They handed me the key cards, put my license plate on with the Model 3 frame and I left. About 30 mins tops. Drove less than 10 miles and the cameras were calibrated. A software update to 2020.32.3 was ready to download by the time I got home. Sat in the car much of the afternoon adding in my Samsung T7 for sentry mode, installing the floor mats, playing with the controls and driving it! Cant wait to get out more! PPF and tint next.

Got the call everyone wants this morning- "your model 3 arrived earlier than expected, would you like to pick it up early?"

Hell yeah! Wound up taking delivery a full week earlier than what was scheduled.

Got to the delivery center and was told to look for my car with hazards on and my name in the windshield. I'm looking around, admiring all the shiny new cars and see my name. But this car is grey, not black. And wait...it's not a model 3- it's a model S! With my name on it! WTF? I heard of end of quarter incentives, but this one even impresses me.

Of course it was a mix up and after a few minutes out came my shiny black Model 3.The car was flawless best I could tell. Not a single issue. Touchless delivery was simple, quick, and effective.

Phone app kicked in about an hour after driving away. "Joules" is now getting her first charge, and updating to 2020.32.4

It's a good day. Waiting for our cars together in here was a hoot. It's like going through Tesla initiation.

IMG_7081.jpg

Got the call everyone wants this morning- "your model 3 arrived earlier than expected, would you like to pick it up early?"

Hell yeah! Wound up taking delivery a full week earlier than what was scheduled.

Got to the delivery center and was told to look for my car with hazards on and my name in the windshield. I'm looking around, admiring all the shiny new cars and see my name. But this car is grey, not black. And wait...it's not a model 3- it's a model S! With my name on it! WTF? I heard of end of quarter incentives, but this one even impresses me.

Of course it was a mix up and after a few minutes out came my shiny black Model 3.The car was flawless best I could tell. Not a single issue. Touchless delivery was simple, quick, and effective.

Phone app kicked in about an hour after driving away. "Joules" is now getting her first charge, and updating to 2020.32.4

It's a good day. Waiting for our cars together in here was a hoot. It's like going through Tesla initiation.

View attachment 588247
What a cool update! So happy for you!!!

Reactions: Lexdysic