Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here ! Ordered a LR AWD midnight silver Metallic with everything except white interior. I am so excited ! So not having heard anything, from anyone at Tesla has me both nervous and frustrated. Is it normal to have not heard anything in the first 4 days ? I completed all the forms and finances through Tesla(WF which came through the next day). I’m guessing I’m just super inpatient, but I want that car !!

First post here ! Ordered a LR AWD midnight silver Metallic with everything except white interior on 3/4. I am so excited ! So not having heard anything, from anyone at Tesla has me both nervous and frustrated. Is it normal to have not heard anything in the first 4 days ? I completed all the forms and finances through Tesla(WF which came through the next day). I’m guessing I’m just super inpatient, but I want that car !!

First post here ! Ordered a LR AWD midnight silver Metallic with everything except white interior. I am so excited ! So not having heard anything, from anyone at Tesla has me both nervous and frustrated. Is it normal to have not heard anything in the first 4 days ? I completed all the forms and finances through Tesla(WF which came through the next day). I’m guessing I’m just super inpatient, but I want that car !!

I don’t think you will hear anything until they call or text you with a delivery date.

Reactions: tperugia
I ordered LR dual/blue/black/Aero on Feb 28th. I got an email a few hours later from a person that said someone from the delivery team would be in contact shortly. Haven't heard anything more.

My order page still shows delivery "within 2 weeks from order placed date". Can't see that happening now though.

We ordered our LR AWD / Red / 19 / White / AP on March 4th. After receiving the order confirmation email at 9:30 AM PST, there has been no contact or movement yet. Like others, the status still shows within two weeks of the date of ordering. Between hitting refresh, I've been ordering a bunch of accessories like the Kagu mats, 3tray, ThatGrin front plate mount, high endurance flash for TeslaCam etc :)

Just placed my order!!

I don't want to take delivery until June so not in a rush. Not sure whether to call them to tell them I want the car in June or wait for them to call me...

Tesla chat rep said to wait for them to call me..but maybe doesn't hurt to be proactive?? Don't want them to assign me a VIN for earlier delivery if they have to put some type of hold on the order.

I ordered at LR/AWD red 18" on March 6th. March 7th I got a text stating that I could pick up my car on March 12th.....On March 8th they posted on my Tesla page the VIN, which showed a 2018 model. I called them and stated I wasn't interested in a 2018 and would wait for a 2019. The sales guy was great, said no problem, he would work on finding me a 2019. Later that same day he text me that he found a 2019 and I would most likely be able to pick it up March 14th..... I have been impressed with every interaction with TESLA!

Just placed my order!!

I don't want to take delivery until June so not in a rush. Not sure whether to call them to tell them I want the car in June or wait for them to call me...

Tesla chat rep said to wait for them to call me..but maybe doesn't hurt to be proactive?? Don't want them to assign me a VIN for earlier delivery if they have to put some type of hold on the order.
I would call them.

I would call them.

So placed my order at 9:40 AM... placed a call to corporate at around 11 AM..while on the phone with them my phone was ringing and it was delivery advisor trying to schedule delivery! They had already matched me to a VIN, but I asked for June delivery so they detached my account from the VIN and now I'm in the system and just waiting. Seems I could have had the car very soon if wanted.

So placed my order at 9:40 AM... placed a call to corporate at around 11 AM..while on the phone with them my phone was ringing and it was delivery advisor trying to schedule delivery! They had already matched me to a VIN, but I asked for June delivery so they detached my account from the VIN and now I'm in the system and just waiting. Seems I could have had the car very soon if wanted.

FWIW I just saw the VIN they assigned me and it was a 2019

We ordered our LR AWD / Red / 19 / White / AP on March 4th. After receiving the order confirmation email at 9:30 AM PST, there has been no contact or movement yet. Like others, the status still shows within two weeks of the date of ordering. Between hitting refresh, I've been ordering a bunch of accessories like the Kagu mats, 3tray, ThatGrin front plate mount, high endurance flash for TeslaCam etc :)
Same here. I have everything but the car !! Lol

Reactions: dlinsley
I ordered at LR/AWD red 18" on March 6th. March 7th I got a text stating that I could pick up my car on March 12th.....On March 8th they posted on my Tesla page the VIN, which showed a 2018 model. I called them and stated I wasn't interested in a 2018 and would wait for a 2019. The sales guy was great, said no problem, he would work on finding me a 2019. Later that same day he text me that he found a 2019 and I would most likely be able to pick it up March 14th..... I have been impressed with every interaction with TESLA!
That’s awesome !! Enjoy your car !! Hope to hear something this week !!

In my case the sooner the better, though if offered a 2018 I'd likely ask for free paint. I'm currently in a rental, which I'm now paying for after insurance stopped doing so as they paid out on my total loss Chevy Bolt this week. I was hit rear right by an 18-wheeler, and given the salvage value for all the EV components they declared the repair cost of the trashed geometry not worth it.

I loved my 2017 Premium Bolt, but having test driven a Model 3 I feel Chevy need to slash the price given the same range and price Model 3 is such a better vehicle in general. Of course I didn't order the same price car (SR+), I wanted something even better to sooth my loss :)

Reactions: tperugia
I ordered Red LR AWD white seats on March 3rd, no change in status and haven’t heard from delivery advisor. I have just been emailing back and forth with our owner advisor from our test drive. Will update as I add more.

I’m assuming you’ve added your entry to the TMC M3 production tracking Google Spreadsheet?