Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR+ Delivery Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does your Monroney sticker say?

EDIT: You got me curious, so I went out and checked mine again. The "Tesla Information" section on the main MCU screen shows the model as a Long Range Plus, but the instrument cluster still reads "Long Range". Interesting.

This is how mine was delivered. After a few reboots, that instrument cluster finally showed long range plus. Still waiting for the latest firmware to close my range issue. But based on other feedback and words from Tesla, I’m confident this will be my fix.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
I just updated to 2020.8.1 and I have the same number in my app: 294. I have no idea what is going on with my LR+. Adviser assured my the software update would fix my problem and it did not. I'm returning it tomorrow.

I would do the same. Sorry you’ve been going through this. I’m supposed to take delivery soon. I sure hope things go smoothly.

You’re not alone. I just took delivery of my MX yesterday (3/8). I have the same vin, battery, everything as you do.
I’m also displaying 294 at max on the 2020.4.11 update. I got the update for 2020.8.1 today, did it, still 294 at max.

Somehow we are both missing a big about of range even before the bump up to 350...? We should be at 320 before that increase..

Going in to Tesla tomorrow as well.

You’re not alone. I just took delivery of my MX yesterday (3/8). I have the same vin, battery, everything as you do.
I’m also displaying 294 at max on the 2020.4.11 update. I got the update for 2020.8.1 today, did it, still 294 at max.

Somehow we are both missing a big about of range even before the bump up to 350...? We should be at 320 before that increase..

Ok, so I’m not alone. I was told I needed a firmware update and perhaps that was botched again in the new software package release.

I’ve been frustrated from day one as Tesla certainly doesn’t bend over backwards to try and fix issues on the spot. Problem for me is that my 7day return window is up tomorrow and I’m pissed the way I’ve been brushed off.

Ok, so I’m not alone. I was told I needed a firmware update and perhaps that was botched again in the new software package release.

I’ve been frustrated from day one as Tesla certainly doesn’t bend over backwards to try and fix issues on the spot. Problem for me is that my 7day return window is up tomorrow and I’m pissed the way I’ve been brushed off.
The amount of cars they’re delivering is increasing exponentially. My local tesla is even delivering on sundays, which they told me they never do. I don’t think you’re the only one being shrugged off...

I called before installing the 2020.8.1 and was told I needed to wait for the update and that it was still unusual that I didn’t get to 320 max at least. But I did get the update, it did nothing. I’m not sure if it’s a display issue or what, but it’s aggravating to say the least.

I was told that if it didn’t work, I need to go in and see if they can run a diagnostic for me to check the battery out (approx 30 mins - 1 hour of my time) and I can do a walk-in appointment. So that’s what’s I’m doing tomorrow.

I've been reading that wheel six effects the range (though it is not clear that it effects the battery capacity) but maybe? What wheel size do the LR+ that don't report 351 have? Mine are 20" (2/20 build, LR+ (but LR on Monroney), Rev F Battery, 249xxx VIN, 2020.8., 351 Mile Capacity)

What size wheels do you have?

And I have the 22" wheels. I thought the same thing earlier, but this is not the cause. Also, DR_WHO shared his range after delivery and he has 22" wheels with 351 miles of range.
I’m telling you man, it’s you and me both. Something is majorly wrong. Somebody in another thread was (apparently) told my tesla that he needs to “exercise the the battery cells” by charging it to 100% then depleting to 90% about three times to see the range increase. I’m not sure about this though..

We aren’t missing missing just the extra range, we’re missing actual normal range that should be there. Tesla opens in 2 hours for me, will try to update you on what happens.

I’m telling you man, it’s you and me both. Something is majorly wrong. Somebody in another thread was (apparently) told my tesla that he needs to “exercise the the battery cells” by charging it to 100% then depleting to 90% about three times to see the range increase. I’m not sure about this though..

We aren’t missing missing just the extra range, we’re missing actual normal range that should be there. Tesla opens in 2 hours for me, will try to update you on what happens.

Check VIN on ev-CPO archives to see if anything funky like previous sale or build date off.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Just a quick update, I went to the service center (like my advisor suggested) and they said this is something they can look into while I’m home and that the advisors don’t really know how to handle these situations. So I came back home and the service center texted me saying that there’s an update that addresses my range issue that is not out yet.

I feel they don’t understand that I’m missing actual range, not the extra range of the “plus” models to get me to 350. I’m just trying to get to the 320 mark, which should be standard. Will update again with whatever happens, service taking longer to respond now.

Just a quick update, I went to the service center (like my advisor suggested) and they said this is something they can look into while I’m home and that the advisors don’t really know how to handle these situations. So I came back home and the service center texted me saying that there’s an update that addresses my range issue that is not out yet.

I feel they don’t understand that I’m missing actual range, not the extra range of the “plus” models to get me to 350. I’m just trying to get to the 320 mark, which should be standard. Will update again with whatever happens, service taking longer to respond now.

did they which version of software will adjust this issue?

did they which version of software will adjust this issue?

No. I spoke to one of the managers at the Marina Del Rey delivery center. He said it's a known bug the engineering team is working on and that he was confident it would get pushed in the next few days. I was at my 7 day return window and he extended me (in writing) until Friday to get the fix. He said he'd contact me later with any updates. I'll pass along whatever I hear.

I was provided the following update. Not sure if it makes sense....

Tesla Rep: Ok so I do see an update that went through yesterday for that. So to see the range increase what your going to want to do is exercise the cells in the battery, how you will do this is charge the car to 100% then use down to about 20%. Repeat this a few times and you should see that range increase.

Me: oh.....do you know how many times I need to do this?

Tesla Rep:
So I would do it about three times and you should start to see that range increase.

Me
: Ok thanks....will try that and contact you again if it does not increase

• Informative