Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR Model X 2022 doesn’t turn off! Help needed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had this issue before? Any recommendations?

I just got my new Model X and I realized that it doesn’t turn off after I close it. Even after I lock it down with the key fob, it’s still on.
Teslas never totally turn off. The onboard computers always run, as does the cellular radio and theft protection. there actually is quite a bit stuff that runs continuously forever, and why suggested practice is always leave them plugged in when not in use.

Thank you guys for your response. I should have clarified that. I’m a Tesla driver so I meant to turn off the screen, air conditioner and light. Apparently the car thinks i’m inside while i’m not. I think they need to check the drivers seat sensor from what others mentioned

My 2018 does not go in to “off” mode until I exit the vehicle and walk away from it with the key in my pocket. I set the horn to chirp, and the mirrors to fold in (except in the winter) as well. It will be interesting how the new car behaves with the new lock modes offered.

Thank you guys for your response. I should have clarified that. I’m a Tesla driver so I meant to turn off the screen, air conditioner and light. Apparently the car thinks i’m inside while i’m not. I think they need to check the drivers seat sensor from what others mentioned
My car (LR X 2022 )just came out from service for a latch issue for my falcon doors and service told me they updated the software...well after driving it to couple of places there were no issues, but when I got home I noticed that the car would not shut off like usual when I leave the vehicle and then the headlights and tail lights were still on and charging port would not open. Decided to drive it around and then it was back to normal, then it started acting up again, so I decided to use the key card to lock, unlock, get in the car put the keycard in the charging frame , then took the keycard out , left the vehicle, and then everything shut off ...except for my tail lights (still on). Wanted to do a test to see if it was a key issue...my conclusion testing everything out was that the keycard was the one that would shut the car off when I left the vehicle. The key fob nor my phone would shut the car off when I left. I have service scheduled, so we'll see what the issue is. I still have a feeling it's from the software update that was done today...I could be wrong