Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR Rear Wheel not showing up in the design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked the latest price on “Edit Design”. Long Range Rear Wheel is no longer on the list to select. Also, 7 seater option is disabled. Says Available in 2021.

Im a 7 seater LRRW deposit holder. Does that mean 7 seater is expected very late?

Attachments

• 330136D1-96A0-4056-8777-2643259DC290.jpeg
    330136D1-96A0-4056-8777-2643259DC290.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 81
  • C2F7C386-B167-462D-9E9A-9F773DF96714.jpeg
    C2F7C386-B167-462D-9E9A-9F773DF96714.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 60
Just noticed the LR RWD missing as well :( I had been on the fence with deciding to trade in my M3 LR RWD for a Y when it came out but wanted to give it some time but it looks like i might've missed my window of opportunity.

I also am not digging the wheels and thought those were only for testing in all the sighting we saw. Even with the "gemini" wheel covers removed, the wheels looks super weird to me and I miss the M3 wheels

I have an order in for the LR RWD. My order has been updated to the black 20" Induction Wheels. With the black paint and chrome delete it looks sick.
The AWD got 35 mile range boost from 280 to 315 miles. Wanted to see if the LR RWD hot a boost too and noticed it was gone from the website.
Most likely Tesla is pushing the higher priced variants first so I'm settling in for my wait and hoping it won't be more than a year.

Just checked my order again. Now it’s upgraded to 19” Gemini wheels (18” aero was showing up until evening) at no extra cost (hurray!!!). Though LR RWD not showing up on Edit order. I believe they will either make limited edition of LR RWD or move us to LR AWD.. fingers crossed.

I guess the rear wheel drive will have 333-335 miles range.

Would like to know this. Will they move those of us with current LR RWD reservations automatically or should we switch now if we would prefer to get an AWD early versus waiting for the RWD?
If you Update Design now, you’ll end up paying latest price on it. Based on the time of your pre-order it could be $990, $1990 or $2990 more + AWD price.. stay with your configuration, unless you really want AWD and sooner delivery..

Reactions: Dadiggaman
Reading in other posts, found this from another user.. JavaScript from the webpage says “
{\"options\":{\"$MDLY\":{\"set_rules\":[{\"action\":\"set\",\"target\":\"$MTY03\",\"condition_code\":\"$MTY02\",\"condition_state\":\"set\"}]}},\"comments\":\"RWD needs to be changed to AWD\",\"effective_date\":\"2020-01-25\"}”

But not sure if they will force price increase or honor the pre-order price. Fingers crossed

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Reading in other posts, found this from another user.. JavaScript from the webpage says “
{\"options\":{\"$MDLY\":{\"set_rules\":[{\"action\":\"set\",\"target\":\"$MTY03\",\"condition_code\":\"$MTY02\",\"condition_state\":\"set\"}]}},\"comments\":\"RWD needs to be changed to AWD\",\"effective_date\":\"2020-01-25\"}”

But not sure if they will force price increase or honor the pre-order price. Fingers crossed

Or at the very least offer a discount on AWD? Time will tell... (and I'm tied up in knots in the mean time!).

Spoke to a rep at the localTesla Store (Corte Madera, CA) and was told that Tesla has not scheduled to make the MY LR RWD. His interpretation was that the car will never be made. Mine is that at some point they will schedule the car to be made.
I'm not changing my reservation as I'm not even sure that switching now will offer sooner delivery. Besides that it has to be worth something that we gave Tesla $2,500.00 and new order holders only pay $100.00. I'll sit tight and wait for my Tesla call.

Spoke to a rep at the localTesla Store (Corte Madera, CA) and was told that Tesla has not scheduled to make the MY LR RWD. His interpretation was that the car will never be made. Mine is that at some point they will schedule the car to be made.
I'm not changing my reservation as I'm not even sure that switching now will offer sooner delivery. Besides that it has to be worth something that we gave Tesla $2,500.00 and new order holders only pay $100.00. I'll sit tight and wait for my Tesla call.

I don't think it will be made in the next year to 18 months, that's for sure. The SR is coming next year. That's confirmed. They're not going to re-introduce the LR RWD before the SR comes out, or else they wouldn't have removed it as an option.

I honestly think the most likely scenario is for them to reach out to LR RWD deposit-holders and offer a discount to go to AWD (like $3k instead of $6k). But I would definitely NOT alter my reservation until Tesla reaches out.

I just checked and my order is still showing LR RWD, I did NOT order the 20" Induction Wheels. Original price of the car day one before the the introduction was 60K. I would think i would have been in the first 1K orders, California, pre introduction order and previous owner.

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 12.57.56 PM.png

I just checked and my order is still showing LR RWD, I did NOT order the 20" Induction Wheels. Original price of the car day one before the the introduction was 60K. I would think i would have been in the first 1K orders, California, pre introduction order and previous owner.

View attachment 507500

Did you choose 19" sport wheels? If so, I believe all of those were upgraded to 20" and the 18" aeros were upgraded to the 19" geminis. At least that's what happened to my 18"s.

I found that my account now shows an order for 20” wheels where I chose 19. I started to edit my order and found that LR had disappeared. I plan to trade a 2016 X for the Y. I guess I’ll just wait until I hear from Tesla. Living in FL, I may have to endure a longer wait than CA residents if past is prologue. I hope nothing breaks on my X.