Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD owners - would you have ordered MR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first I was kind of bummed when I saw the mid range come out, but knowing I got 50 more miles of range and half a second faster 0-60 acceleration, I am happy with paying the $5k extra. I think I would still have gone with the LR-RWD if both options were available at the time.

What do you think?

50 miles for $4k is a steal so long as you weren't already stretching for the MR. Especially taking into account that the LR will Supercharge a bit faster and is easier to keep in the 'sweet spot' of 20%-80% charge.

I would absolutely have ordered the LR again, and possibly without AWD, too. Us LR RWD owners now own unicorns--the longest-range Model 3s.

The RWD LR is best-in-class for range with data that supports 330 miles of range.

I bought "early" due to an upcoming road trip. The decision was made easy from this. And yes, it would have been tough choice to get the MR or go off-menu for an inventory LR. Nonetheless, the MR is almost 10% cheaper. As small as a difference that sounds, those are real dollars saved. I am definitely informing folks I know who are "on the fence" about this new price point.

Delta in price is only $4k, so yeah, I think it's a good deal. By comparison the SR delta (5k less for 50mi less) seems shoddy. It'll be interesting to see how well the SR (if it ever gets released) actually performs, given the quoted derating is the same as the SR. I guess weight savings for the SR could make up the difference? (or software)

While I’m very happy with my LR RWD config I would have absolutely ordered the MR had it been available and would have used some of the savings to splurge on the white seats.

Well since I wanted red, which is now $1500 more, the net savings would only have been $2500. I think if the paint prices were the same, I would have went MR. But at $2500, I'm fine with it.

I agree about getting white seats though. I would have spent the $1000 for that.

Absolutely, just as I would have ordered the short range version IF it had been available.
Do I have any regrets? No, not a one. I’ve had the wonderful experience of owning the Model 3 10-16 months sooner. For me, that is priceless :)

• Love
Reactions: GSP
So happy I bought the LR as it is no longer in the rear wheel drive configuration. Even though I am only commuting 20 miles a day, the additional 50 miles goes a long way for road trips
Same here. My commute isn't even 10 miles, but we use the car for road trips. Also having a longer range means quicker charging and I hope slower degradation over time. Less stops on road trips is also nice.