Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Pricing..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there..
Newbie...and first post. Lot of good info here!
I ordered my SR+ with blue paint for 40,900 2 weeks ago.
After doing some more research found out that LR RWD is available to order off-menu so called the showroom associate that I had placed order with.
He told me the price would be 44,500. I gave it a thought and said go ahead and change my order.
And then, received the order change email end of the day which then showed the price 45,900 (before the paint). By then the showroom had closed to couldnt talk to the agent.

I see on the forum here that thats the price people have paid for it. so, just wondering will I be able to talk them to honor the 44,500 price I was told.
Anyone have experience like this? Was the agent just trying to get me to upgrade or could be a honest mistake?

Also - I am in NJ where the weather does get cold in the winter. Anyone having experience with the RWD in the winter time? Hows the traction with RWD and 18in wheels?

I live in Maryland and I didn't have any issues with it last year. Rides nice.

You will love that car. My wife and I each have a LR RWD and we couldn't be happier. If you haven't already, make sure you have a plan to charge it at home.
Trying to get an electrician to come and quote what they will charge for installing an outlet in the garage, since my breaker panel is all the way on the other side of the house in the basement.
what have you installed? a 14-50 outlet or 6-50 outlet?
are there any written specifications from Tesla on what is required?

Trying to get an electrician to come and quote what they will charge for installing an outlet in the garage, since my breaker panel is all the way on the other side of the house in the basement.

Outlet installation guides for each socket type here-
Mobile Connector

And to complement, there are no specific requirements, just install whatever works best for your house setup. If you have the available space and load in your panel, go with a 14-50. If your panel cannot take 50A, then go with a 14-30. If you must use available wiring, then go with whatever can be supported with the current wiring (i.e. 6-15)

I took delivery of my LR RWD back in April and later that night it went off menu. Glad I was able to snag this version.
Tesla Model 3 LRRWD_Window Sticker.jpg

And to complement, there are no specific requirements, just install whatever works best for your house setup. If you have the available space and load in your panel, go with a 14-50. If your panel cannot take 50A, then go with a 14-30. If you must use available wiring, then go with whatever can be supported with the current wiring (i.e. 6-15)
Outlet installation guides for each socket type here-
Mobile Connector

Thank you!

I’m in NJ as well and would definitely recommend the LR. It performed fine for me this past winter in all conditions. However when the weather gets cold, as a first time EV owner I was shocked at the impact it had to the range. Still love the car tho

I know this is old thread, but hoping you could give me some insight into range loss due to cold weather in NJ - How much was the range loss?

I know this is old thread, but hoping you could give me some insight into range loss due to cold weather in NJ - How much was the range loss?

I know this is the worst answer but... “it depends”. Depends on how warm or cold your battery is, how warm or cold it is outside, whether you’re driving in snow etc.

But I’d say at the dead of winter, at its worst, with an ice cold battery on a 0-degree day, it’s about a 20-30% range hit for me. Pre-warming the battery helps. Setting a charge schedule such that the car is charged and warm when you leave in the morning helps a bunch.

Was a range hit but a non-issue for me. I don’t go more than 200 miles one way in the winter anyway!

I know this is the worst answer but... “it depends”. Depends on how warm or cold your battery is, how warm or cold it is outside, whether you’re driving in snow etc.

But I’d say at the dead of winter, at its worst, with an ice cold battery on a 0-degree day, it’s about a 20-30% range hit for me. Pre-warming the battery helps. Setting a charge schedule such that the car is charged and warm when you leave in the morning helps a bunch.

Was a range hit but a non-issue for me. I don’t go more than 200 miles one way in the winter anyway!

Thank you! I am in NNJ and about to buy Model 3 SR+. Your answer puts things in perspective. Still double minded about picking 3 weeks before Battery Day :)

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
So for $48,400 I could order a LR RWD in blue with 19" wheels and AP today?
Seems high. Did prices go up since December? If I recall our red AWD Long range was only $2000 more than that...plus an extra $2000 for stealth option...(and I’m a geek so went with the $7k kick in the pants on top of all that). I know they don’t sell the stealth option like that anymore but figured general pricing was same or lower by now.

I’d say in the summer my wh/mi is about 220, which is pretty great. In the winter it’s around 300.

I know it comes down to lifestyle and personal preference but I wouldn’t buy a car that couldn’t get at least 300 miles per charge.