Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured out the summons. It's kind of misleading what Tesla did. When I ordered the last Model 3, they said it comes with Autopilot Free now. That makes you think that something that you use to pay for is now free. That's not the case. What you use to get was ENHANCED autopilot. Now you only get Autopilot. Which doesn't have summons and navigate on Autopilot. What's more misleading is that there is no way to actually purchase Enhanced Autopilot. You either get free Autopilot or FSD.

Just picked up my vehicle ordered 8/18 from the Costa Mesa, CA location. The car is perfect except for one major issue...

I had called 2-3 times 1-1.5 weeks BEFORE pickup and confirmed the $1500 “comp” for my upgraded 19” wheels. Upon reviewing the final invoicing for signatures the $1500 was still there. I called the rep out about the charge (really nice btw) and she went to speak with the manager.

Less than 2 mins later she’s back to say they can’t do the comp without redoing the paperwork. When I asked could that prevent me from taking the vehicle today, she said yes. FFS!

They comprised with 2 years of free SC, which I thought I had anyway as part of the end of the quarter push. I would have much rather taken the $1500 as I’ll don’t expect to spend that much in SC’ing the next 2 years.

So, beware upon pickup.

Anyone else have a similar experience or were you able to get your comps?

I had called 2-3 times 1-1.5 weeks BEFORE pickup and confirmed the $1500 “comp” for my upgraded 19” wheels. Upon reviewing the final invoicing for signatures the $1500 was still there. I called the rep out about the charge (really nice btw) and she went to speak with the manager.

By "confirmed", do you mean that you'd heard that from an SA or that you'd seen it in the MVPA on your reservation details page?

I picked up my Pearl White LR AWD yesterday! Supposed to pick it up Saturday, but I called (because my SA wouldn't answer my emails) yesterday to confirm my Saturday pickup. Long story short, he verified my car was there and said I could come get it before the rush (their lot is PACKED FULL of Model 3's for delivery this weekend!) Anyway, HOLY HECK is this car amazing! I love it!!!

I picked up my Pearl White LR AWD yesterday! Supposed to pick it up Saturday, but I called (because my SA wouldn't answer my emails) yesterday to confirm my Saturday pickup. Long story short, he verified my car was there and said I could come get it before the rush (their lot is PACKED FULL of Model 3's for delivery this weekend!) Anyway, HOLY HECK is this car amazing! I love it!!!
You replied in the RWD section ;)

Just picked up my vehicle ordered 8/18 from the Costa Mesa, CA location. The car is perfect except for one major issue...

Less than 2 mins later she’s back to say they can’t do the comp without redoing the paperwork. When I asked could that prevent me from taking the vehicle today, she said yes. FFS!

They comprised with 2 years of free SC, which I thought I had anyway as part of the end of the quarter push. I would have much rather taken the $1500 as I’ll don’t expect to spend that much in SC’ing the next 2 years.

So, beware upon pickup.

Anyone else have a similar experience or were you able to get your comps?

Old post... But I thought I would some calcs.

In CA Supercharger costs, $1500/ $0.32 / kWh = 4687 kWh that Tesla is giving you.

My LR RWD averages approx .25 kWh/ mi.

4687 kWh / (.25 kWh/mi) = 18,750miles

What does this mean? $1500 gets you 18,750 miles of Supercharging. However, that is likely more than what most ppl use in 2 years. As you said, you would have preferred $1500 comp instead of 2 years free SuC.