Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LR RWD black on black with hubcaps late on 17MAR2019. Just got the text that it will be delivered to the house 25MAR2019. VIN is 2019. So a week isn't bad.
No upsell offers for AWD or paint or wheels. Was kinda hoping for a lightly discounted paint upgrade, but I guess black it is. We had decided to get a MR on Saturday, and laughed when it disappeared on Sunday. Almost got a gray inventory one, but thought the money was better spent on the ginormous battery as we plan to road trip and keep the car forever.

Ordered 3/11 from San Diego
  • LR RWD
  • Black/Black
  • Aero Wheels
I received a call over the weekend for a same day pickup for a Black LR/RWD with white interior or a Blue LR/RWD with black interior and both were being offered with the free upgrade for leather/paint. I declined on both and still waiting for a car in my spec.

That's kinda crazy..I ordered black/white on 3/4. They are offering you a discount to take if off their hands while I'm waiting over here in Texas for an exact match ready to pay full price. I'd slightly prefer a 2019 so not to fussed, but it's weird they don't give it to a customer who is actually wanting it!

LR RWD, red/white 18" wheels, FSD, ordered 3/2

Just got an email with a delivery date of 3/30, no vin though...

I would call them. I just got my delivery date today, but no VIN. I called and got a guy who provided it to me. He said they usually wait a little longer because in the off chance something happens to the vehicle when it's coming from the factory to my location, they may need to replace the vehicle with a different one. I'm supposed to get delivery on 3/26 and he said it's expected to get to my city on 3/22. I expect 3/22 is around when they would have provided it.

That's kinda crazy..I ordered black/white on 3/4. They are offering you a discount to take if off their hands while I'm waiting over here in Texas for an exact match ready to pay full price. I'd slightly prefer a 2019 so not to fussed, but it's weird they don't give it to a customer who is actually wanting it!

It costs money to move it. If it was in inventory at the factory, it'd probably match to you, but being somewhere else, and relatively far away, it's definitely cheaper to give someone a discount on the paint (since their cost is lower than what they charge) than to truck it from San Diego to Texas

What an incredible delivery experience! Everything was amazing!

When I went to see my car, I noticed it had the upgraded wheels even though I ordered the basic aero wheels. The VIN and everything matched on the order sheet without the wheels, they were confused to how that happened, but I got a free wheel upgrade! I am esastic by all measures, car was flawless, everything runs amazing!

The only trouble I am having is getting my garage door to work with homelink properly, other than that. Omg amazing

Reactions: Thing2
Just logged into my account, and I am finally showing a delivery date of March 25. No text/call.

What's interesting is that I have been hounding Tesla for weeks now. Calling, chatting, and emailing them. I've most recently been communicating with a particular rep in LV who has been extremely helpful. He was the most helpful in getting my trade in offer locked in and accepted. Today, I reached out to him again asking him about the status of my order since I hadn't heard anything, while others were getting vins assigned. He then told me that he was going to assign a manager to my profile to see if I could get some traction.

That was merely an hour or so ago. I am now showing a delivery date. No VIN yet.

White/White
19"
FSD

Just received a text for a tentative delivery date of March 21, 2019 6pm and my account matched the text as well. I am located in Northern California (Tracy). No vin yet. Feeling hopeful it will be soon!

Order date: 03/01/19
Changed to white interior: 03/02/19
LR RWD
White/White
19"

Should I be expecting vin soon? And how easy is it to move delivery date? TIA!

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.40.33 PM.png

Order 3/1 (white paint, blk inside, aero wheels, and AP)
no word so called today and on a truck going to Cleveland for us to pick up 3/30.
Received the VIN and is a 2019.
Overall good experience talking with agent and processing the figures.

I ordered 3/3, blue/white, 18" wheels, FSD. Haven't heard a peep yet from Tesla.

I don't have a vehicle right now, so that estimated "two weeks from order placed date" was very attractive. It's been a tough wait without a car; I think about cancelling every day just so I can get a car now.

If changing the color, interior, or wheels will help things go faster I'd do it in a heartbeat.

3/13 order - black/black 18".
finalized payment around mid-day today and by this afternoon website updated to show a VIN (2019) and delivery date in two days. I called tesla to confirm the details and although they saw the VIN, they didn't see the delivery appt even though it was on the website. we'll see if they show up in a couple days.

Just received a text for a tentative delivery date of March 21, 2019 6pm and my account matched the text as well. I am located in Northern California (Tracy). No vin yet. Feeling hopeful it will be soon!

Order date: 03/01/19
Changed to white interior: 03/02/19
LR RWD
White/White
19"

Should I be expecting vin soon? And how easy is it to move delivery date? TIA!

View attachment 388308
Ask your delivery advisor for your VIN. Mine wasn't showing on my page but he had it.