Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"It is my understanding (will find out in an hour!) that the included charger comes with adaptors for both a regular 110 outlet (with slow charging as described) and a NEMA 10-50 outlet (charges 20/30? miles of range per hour). The expensive wall chargers increase that a little - if your homes circuits can handle it - but at a great deal more expense. Look at getting a NEMA 10-50 outlet installed by your breaker box, should be a great deal cheaper than going the fancy wall charger route."

This should say 14-50 adapter, not 10-50.

Good catch, thanks!

Wow they postponed delivery by a month? I placed my order for a red/black LR RWD with 18" wheels on Mar.17 and haven't heard from anyone regarding my trade-in and payment method. I filled up my license/registration and insurance info online but the trade-in and payment options remain greyed out and not accessible. Called my local store and was told someone will contact me closer to delivery date regarding trade in and payment. I don't have a delivery date assigned nor a VIN. Guess the waiting game continues, even after a 3 year wait already.

2/28 Ordered mid range red ext , white int, 19” wheels w Autopilot from store salesperson in Honolulu within 30 min of price reductions. She said there was one on west coast and I would take delivery in 2-3 weeks. She was fired a few days later with her entire store being closed.
3/5 I called Tesla and they said there was no car matching my description and it could be weeks or a couple months with no eta.
3/17 Mid range discontinued
3/20 Received an email and a voicemail from Tesla Fremont saying they had “an update” they would like to discuss with me.
3/21 After much discussion about options salesperson upcharged me $3000 for LR but gave me the $2500 red paint for free, so am now paint $500 more for LR
3/25 and 3/27 called and emailed same Tesla Fremont salesperson with no response
It's so frustrating :(

2/28 Ordered mid range red ext , white int, 19” wheels w Autopilot from store salesperson in Honolulu within 30 min of price reductions. She said there was one on west coast and I would take delivery in 2-3 weeks. She was fired a few days later with her entire store being closed.
3/5 I called Tesla and they said there was no car matching my description and it could be weeks or a couple months with no eta.
3/17 Mid range discontinued
3/20 Received an email and a voicemail from Tesla Fremont saying they had “an update” they would like to discuss with me.
3/21 After much discussion about options salesperson upcharged me $3000 for LR but gave me the $2500 red paint for free, so am now paint $500 more for LR
3/25 and 3/27 called and emailed same Tesla Fremont salesperson with no response
Aloha JimMc, I’m waiting on Oahu for a new VIN too. I called the generic phone sales number couple days ago and no VIN assignment yet. I think they transfer the call to our local delivery because she just asked only for my name. Try calling the generic sales phone number.

I got a call an hour ago from Tesla in Dedham, MA, with an offer to deliver my car later today. So if all goes well, I'll have mine in a few hours. The trouble is, given the way registration works in Rhode Island, I'll have to wait all weekend until the DMV office opens on Monday before I'll be able to get plates on the car. I guess I'll be able to get my seating position set exactly right in that time....

Reactions: hcdavis3
Lurking for awhile. Thought I'd add here for those still waiting.

Ordered MR blue/black, 19, and AP on 3/2 with delivery within 2 weeks. IDA called on 3/20 to advise MR no longer being made. Offered LR RWD for the price increase of $4100 CAD and he then comped the paint and wheels. So net $100 more to move to LR. Sounded good to me so I took it.

Last Friday (3/22) delivery date showed up for 3/30. No VIN assigned and no contact from anyone. Called this morning 3/29 as nothing had changed and 24 hours to delivery. Advised still no VIN and they would move my delivery. I just checked and now showing 4/27 as new delivery! Another month to go. Was getting way too excited.

I am also in the exact same boat - same config to a T, including same upgrade for $100. I got the 3/20 call. My delivery was showing 1pm today in NY, but I'm in NS, so just assumed it was completely false. No VIN, or updated delivery yet.

Here's hoping we get both HW3 due to the wait.

"It is my understanding (will find out in an hour!) that the included charger comes with adaptors for both a regular 110 outlet (with slow charging as described) and a NEMA 10-50 outlet (charges 20/30? miles of range per hour). The expensive wall chargers increase that a little - if your homes circuits can handle it - but at a great deal more expense. Look at getting a NEMA 10-50 outlet installed by your breaker box, should be a great deal cheaper than going the fancy wall charger route."

This should say 14-50 adapter, not 10-50.

SR/SR+/MR cars have 32 amp on board charger. With a 240V outlet you will get 30 miles/hour of charging time. The LR model has a 48 amp on board charger. You will get 30 miles/hour with the included charging cable, or you can buy the $500 Tesla wall connector and it will charge at 44 miles/hour. This rate is only applicable to the LR models.

Wall Connector

I got a call an hour ago from Tesla in Dedham, MA, with an offer to deliver my car later today. So if all goes well, I'll have mine in a few hours. The trouble is, given the way registration works in Rhode Island, I'll have to wait all weekend until the DMV office opens on Monday before I'll be able to get plates on the car. I guess I'll be able to get my seating position set exactly right in that time....

All did not go well; they didn't get to my car's "dealer prep" today. The delivery is now promised for tomorrow. We'll see.

More disturbingly, I was told that the ACH payment I made on Monday the 25th, and that my bank says was removed from my account on the 26th, may take over a week to appear in Tesla's coffers. Every online resource I've found says these should take no more than 2-3 days. Without the payment, Tesla is willing to park the car in my driveway, but they won't hand over the paperwork I need to register it, so it could be nothing but a frustrating reminder that I can't drive it for a good chunk of next week. Has anybody else had similar problems with ACH transfers to Tesla? Is there somebody at Tesla corporate I should contact to get this resolved more quickly? Can my bank do anything?

3/17 - Ordered
3/18 - Got text of tentative delivery for 3/25. Checked website, saw VIN.
3/19 - Called to get status of Car and get MVPA for insurance/loan purposes. Was told car was in CA, and wouldn’t arrive until 3/30. Set delivery appointment for April 1st, as I would be busy on the 29th and 30th. They said they would let me know if it arrives earlier.
3/20 - Emailed asking for RMV-1 form. Radio silence.
3/21 - Called asking for status update and RMV-1 form. In my account I was noted as “out of the country”. Told them that wasn’t the case. ETA of car is 3/26. Set tentative delivery date of 3/27. Later that day my insurance tells me they wanted the forms faxed over, so I emailed the second Tesla contact asking them to do so.
3/22 - Got email reply saying they usually do that closer to delivery. Asked them to see if they can send it over for insurance/loan purposes. Got MVPA signature request email. Meanwhile, my insurance called Tesla twice. The first time, they didn’t see my information at all. The second, they found my info and said they would fax the paperwork over on Monday or Tuesday.

3/25 - Called Tesla to ask for forms again. They would either get to it late today or early tomorrow. I then asked them to check the status of the car. The agent checked and said that the delivery was delayed, and would call me back to see if there were any other closer cars. After about 2 hours, I get a automated text saying that my delivery date has been set to 4/2. No call back from the 3rd agent.

3/26 - Emailed second contact asking for an update and to fax the forms over. No reply.

3/27 - Called again asking for the forms. Agent 4 says that they work sequentially through form stuff for each delivery day. Told me to call Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to see.

3/29 - Called Tesla. Asked for the location of the car. They confirmed that it has been delivered to the location. I ask if they can move the date to 4/1 instead of 4/2. They oblige. I ask them to send the forms to my insurance. They said hopefully it will be done late today or tomorrow. My insurance agent emailed me later that night saying that their office isn’t open on Saturday, so they will get things moving as soon as they get it on Monday.

TL;DR - Tesla needs to send forms to insurance, so they can send forms to credit union, so they can give me money to pay Tesla. Annoying. But still excited for the car.

All did not go well; they didn't get to my car's "dealer prep" today. The delivery is now promised for tomorrow. We'll see.

More disturbingly, I was told that the ACH payment I made on Monday the 25th, and that my bank says was removed from my account on the 26th, may take over a week to appear in Tesla's coffers. Every online resource I've found says these should take no more than 2-3 days. Without the payment, Tesla is willing to park the car in my driveway, but they won't hand over the paperwork I need to register it, so it could be nothing but a frustrating reminder that I can't drive it for a good chunk of next week. Has anybody else had similar problems with ACH transfers to Tesla? Is there somebody at Tesla corporate I should contact to get this resolved more quickly? Can my bank do anything?

This stuff always makes me laugh. Ask five different Tesla reps what their policy is on making payments and you will get five different answers.

I was told that I needed to pay by cashier’s check or ACH. I said fine. I showed up to my delivery appointment having not issued an ACH payment because I wanted to check out the car before giving Tesla my money. I spent an hour inspecting the car and once I was satisfied with it, I logged in to the delivery advisor’s IPad, processed my payment via ACH and left ten minutes later. But I didn’t give them any notice that I was planning on doing this so that I wouldn’t get an argument back from them on whether they would accept it. They didn’t say a word about it.

I know others have paid by personal check without issue. Their payment policies seem to change based on whatever mood they are in that day.

Got my car. Arrived at 4:00 waited till 6:00 for the car to arrive. Talked to a guy that had been there since 9am but his paperwork was messed and another couple that had a large price issue on their paperwork. Gaps are great, paint is great, found two chips in the windahield that I could not see in the direct sun.

The primacy tires are a bit loud but will do till they wear out.

Dedham took a personal check from me for payment. I didn’t want to ACH the money to them before I had a chance to look over the car. That sucks for you. BTW they deposited my check that day and it cleared my account the next day. I hope this gets resolved for you ASAP.

I just got a call saying to expect my delivery around 2 pm today. Also, I was told that Tesla would FedEx the documentation on Monday (or maybe Tuesday), so I should be able to register it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ordered 3/18 before price increase:

LR RWD, Black/Black, 18's, AP
Changed paint to Midnight Silver Metallic on 3/19 the following day

First delivery date set to 3/30. No VIN
Delivery date changed to 5/4. No VIN

Received text 3/29: "Our apologies, we will need to reschedule your delivery appointment to a later date. A Tesla representative will reach out when we have a better estimate of your delivery timing."

I just got a call saying to expect my delivery around 2 pm today. Also, I was told that Tesla would FedEx the documentation on Monday (or maybe Tuesday), so I should be able to register it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well, mine's arrived!

tesla.jpg

Now I've just got to wait for the paperwork so I can put plates on it and drive it more than 30 feet or so back and forth in my driveway....

I assume they will give you a temporary registration good for 30 days, or is it different in RI?