Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tbh, this whole delivery estimate is BS. I understand that this is an estimate, but to quote a delivery window that is off by several weeks on average is just disingenuous and amateurish. Similar to how SR+ delivery times got updated, I wouldn't be surprised if estimated delivery date texts for LR RWDs went out at the end of this week, informing people that delivery will be scheduled 1-3 weeks after that, and then the website updated accordingly to reflect longer estimated delivery times.

I just called them, they said I will get a VIN number later today by mail. MY delivery date is confirmed for 3/23 and they said that I will get a delivery advisor couple of days before delivery, and that at that point when I confirmed all is ready the delivery date will appear on my tesla account.

Tesla has shitty marketing. Easier to make a vague promise to get us all to take the bait ie "2 weeks", and then be late delivering because most people (myself included) won't cancel their order within some reasonable time frame. If they had completely transparent and accurate delivery estimates, many people would hold off or go elsewhere, I imagine. So far no reports of any RWD LR 2019 deliveries. Some people chime in with AWD LR delivery news, good for them but wrong waiting room. Hopefully some delivery estimates / VINs for RWD LR will start rolling out soon, w/ deliveries occurring before end of month.

I ordered my white/black long range RWD on 3/4 and Tesla called today. They said it would be the end of the month or possibly April before I see it. The delivery agent said they haven’t been built for a while and none were available. I asked him about the claim on the website and he just apologized for the inaccuracy. So now it’s a waiting game..

I ordered my white/black long range RWD on 3/4 and Tesla called today. They said it would be the end of the month or possibly April before I see it. The delivery agent said they haven’t been built for a while and none were available. I asked him about the claim on the website and he just apologized for the inaccuracy. So now it’s a waiting game..

I asked what was available locally and he said only dual motor, so I said I’d take one for the same price since the only reason I purchase this was because of the short delivery time. Well obviously he said he couldn’t do that.

Just called Tesla and spoke to a wonderful rep. She said that they were unable to pair my order with any available inventory, but she said that there has been traction today of people getting paired with LR RWD that were coming off the line, she said people will be receiving their order texts within this week.

Time will tell I guess, if I don't hear anything on Thursday, I will most likely start calling and complaining since the sales rep told me i was able to turn my lease in early and avoid the payment while I waited for my car for 2 weeks...thank god I am able to use my wife's car.

Just called Tesla and spoke to a wonderful rep. She said that they were unable to pair my order with any available inventory, but she said that there has been traction today of people getting paired with LR RWD that were coming off the line, she said people will be receiving their order texts within this week.

That's encouraging but unless I get a delivery text tomorrow, Tesla's within two weeks is going to be 3 at least