Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, seems I'm showing my progress on my Black/white interior (yes!) for Texas. Still no VIN showing, but I now show a Mar 29 delivery date (order was placed Mar 4)

When I get back to where I can make a call I'll try and see if they can give me the VIN and contract (still don't have that either)

Ok, seems I'm showing my progress on my Black/white interior (yes!) for Texas. Still no VIN showing, but I now show a Mar 29 delivery date (order was placed Mar 4)

When I get back to where I can make a call I'll try and see if they can give me the VIN and contract (still don't have that either)

Ok, just checked my email. Got a message with the VIN and paperwork in there. They are asking for a photo of my Title and Odomoter, which is a bit of a problem right now - I'll be available on the delivery date, but can't get those for a few days - will see how it plays out.

What the hell? Are they just not going to send cars to Canada at this point? I ordered your exact car on 2/28. Still not a word of a delivery.

I may just cancel at this point and buy a higher end gas car.

I get the frustration, but it is another end of quarter period which = off the map crazy number of deliveries. Being from Montreal, I know that the cars are sent in large batches. It is probably safe to say that you will be in the next batch for your area. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Ordered 3/17, changed paint on 3/18. Website claiming Mar. 30 delivery appt.

When I called this morning, the first person I spoke with (before transferring me to my Delivery Coordinator) said that my delivery appointment would be set to March 30th at midnight. He said I would probably get it sooner, but not later... they had to meet certain end-of-quarter metrics.

Sure enough, I refreshed the website and it said Mar. 30 @ midnight... then after talking to my Delivery Coordinator, it got changed again to Mar. 25 at midnight.

Just received a text for a tentative delivery date of March 21, 2019 6pm and my account matched the text as well. I am located in Northern California (Tracy). No vin yet. Feeling hopeful it will be soon!

Order date: 03/01/19
Changed to white interior: 03/02/19
LR RWD
White/White
19"

Should I be expecting vin soon? And how easy is it to move delivery date? TIA!

View attachment 388308

***Wanted to provide an update:

3/20 10AM: Called Tesla delivery hub and spoke to a guy who said they are currently matching my order with a VIN. I asked if I could move my delivery appt of 03/21 to 03/23. He changed the appointment for me.
3/20 12PM: Received an automated text stating that no VIN has been assigned to my order yet & that they will reschedule my delivery appointment
3/20 1PM: Received an email from the guy I spoke to on the phone reiterating the fact that he moved my appt to 03/23 like I requested but that the car pick up would be a few miles down from the delivery center. I thought this was weird so I shot an email back for clarification. He said "We are no longer offering customer pickups due to the amount of customer parking available. We can meet you closer to your home." Anyone experience anything like this? I am located in Tracy, Ca and the delivery center I was going to pick it up from was Fremont, Ca.
3/20 8:30PM: Just checked my Tesla account & I now have a VIN! Woohoo. Delivery is set for 03/23 12PM.

Final details:
LR RWD
White/White
19"
Delivery date: 03/23/19 12PM
VIN 10th letter is a K, so it's a 2019.

The excitement is real.

Well I guess I’m part of this wait group now. The mid range is indeed dead. They aren’t making anymore. Was given an option to get the long range for a grand more. White on white with 19 inch wheels. Hopefully the quoted 2 weeks holds now

Also joining this room from the discontinued MR crew

ordered 2/7 MR switched 3/20 to LR RWD
white/white
aero
AP

Great to see you guys here. We are moving along now.

ordered MR 3/1 switched to LR RWD 3/20
white/black/aero

Reactions: Ash23T
I guess I live here now. I upgraded my order from MR to LR because MR doesn't exist anymore. I made the switch yesterday and got assigned a 2019 VIN yesterday. Now I'm waiting for delivery scheduled, but it seems my car is "in transit" and will arrive to the delivery center supposedly on Monday. So I'm expecting delivery mid-next-week.

Reactions: InParadise
I was hoping to delay my delivery until May and get the lowered pricing. No dice. They paired me with a car in 3 days and I called to postpone taking delivery. They said that they would try to keep my reservation at the agreed price, but this morning I logged in to check and they jacked it up $1500

***Wanted to provide an update:

3/20 10AM: Called Tesla delivery hub and spoke to a guy who said they are currently matching my order with a VIN. I asked if I could move my delivery appt of 03/21 to 03/23. He changed the appointment for me.
3/20 12PM: Received an automated text stating that no VIN has been assigned to my order yet & that they will reschedule my delivery appointment
3/20 1PM: Received an email from the guy I spoke to on the phone reiterating the fact that he moved my appt to 03/23 like I requested but that the car pick up would be a few miles down from the delivery center. I thought this was weird so I shot an email back for clarification. He said "We are no longer offering customer pickups due to the amount of customer parking available. We can meet you closer to your home." Anyone experience anything like this? I am located in Tracy, Ca and the delivery center I was going to pick it up from was Fremont, Ca.
3/20 8:30PM: Just checked my Tesla account & I now have a VIN! Woohoo. Delivery is set for 03/23 12PM.

Final details:
LR RWD
White/White
19"
Delivery date: 03/23/19 12PM
VIN 10th letter is a K, so it's a 2019.

The excitement is real.

I have the same order and I’m in Livermore. I’m hoping I get mine by next week at the latest. I ordered on the 9th.

Question: I originally placed my order for a MR 15 days ago, and upgraded to LR this Monday. The system had matched me to a 2018 car and generated a sales contract for me to E-sign at the website that referenced the 2018 car (and its lower price). I didn't sign, because I'm obviously waiting for the LR in a 2019, but that contract for the old car is STILL there. They keep saying it's not preventing me from being matched to a new car, and that when one is assigned it will automatically overwrite the old contract with a new one, but I have my doubts. Does anyone here have any experience with this or something similar? I really feel like the presence of that contract is somehow proof that the system is assuming I'm locked into that old car, and that's why I'm not being assigned a new (correctly configured) one. Anyone know about this? Thanks!

Also: has anyone here been assigned a White/White LR in the past week? I'm really concerned that this color combo could take a long time... Anyone know if they're starting to appear yet? Thanks.

Goodness don't say that! I see @pdsantos12 has a delivery date above for a white/white. I specifically asked the Tesla employee who called me yesterday if there were any issues with the white interiors and she said no it was just a popular choice so it could take a little longer.

Question: I originally placed my order for a MR 15 days ago, and upgraded to LR this Monday. The system had matched me to a 2018 car and generated a sales contract for me to E-sign at the website that referenced the 2018 car (and its lower price). I didn't sign, because I'm obviously waiting for the LR in a 2019, but that contract for the old car is STILL there. They keep saying it's not preventing me from being matched to a new car, and that when one is assigned it will automatically overwrite the old contract with a new one, but I have my doubts. Does anyone here have any experience with this or something similar? I really feel like the presence of that contract is somehow proof that the system is assuming I'm locked into that old car, and that's why I'm not being assigned a new (correctly configured) one. Anyone know about this? Thanks!

I am not sure if having the old VIN there would prevent from new match, but had the exact same situation and I was not feeling comfortable. It even showed the pick up appointment for me, which should have been removed too. I called the owner advisor and delivery rep and asked them to remove the old VIN and appointment from my account. They agreed and it was removed in couple of hours.

LR AWD Black/Black config also here.

Ordered last Friday 03.15 @ 6.30pm.
Matched with VIN by Monday 03.18th afternoon.

Scheduled mine for Sunday AM pickup & glad I did since it's raining here today.
Lender FedEx check yesterday to delivery center.
Selling car to get rest of financing.
PPF & tint scheduled for Monday.
3DXpider mats coming on Tuesday.
Researching on windshield shade now.