Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MSM w/ black interior, aeros, and FSD on 3/14 (about 15 minutes after the Model Y unveiling). Got an automated SMS on 3/17 with a delivery appointment set for 3/26 at 6pm at my home. Call from my local salesman on 3/19 saying he had found a 2019 VIN (313,XXX) with exact match to my order in Phoenix and would have it shipped to Houston. Talked to DA 3/21 (today) to approve my MVPA and sent funds (required to pay in full before shipment to Texas). Told by DA that my delivery appointment is subject to transport, but has been tentatively updated to 3/30.

So far, pretty smooth. I expect they're doing what is in their power to get the car into my hands before the end of the month. It's nice when both parties' motivations are uniformly aligned...

Question: I originally placed my order for a MR 15 days ago, and upgraded to LR this Monday. The system had matched me to a 2018 car and generated a sales contract for me to E-sign at the website that referenced the 2018 car (and its lower price). I didn't sign, because I'm obviously waiting for the LR in a 2019, but that contract for the old car is STILL there. They keep saying it's not preventing me from being matched to a new car, and that when one is assigned it will automatically overwrite the old contract with a new one, but I have my doubts. Does anyone here have any experience with this or something similar? I really feel like the presence of that contract is somehow proof that the system is assuming I'm locked into that old car, and that's why I'm not being assigned a new (correctly configured) one. Anyone know about this? Thanks!
I wouldn't worry too much. I changed delivery locations and the old one was showing from an old match and wasn't updated until I matched to a new car AND got delivery scheduled. Now that both of those happened, I see the new delivery location & time. What I'm trying to demonstrate is the website updates slowly and doesn't seem to go from [data-present] back to [no-data], only to [new-data].

Goodness don't say that! I see @pdsantos12 has a delivery date above for a white/white. I specifically asked the Tesla employee who called me yesterday if there were any issues with the white interiors and she said no it was just a popular choice so it could take a little longer.

Yup! I will keep you guys updated as I take delivery this Saturday. So far so good, just finalized payment details this morning.

As a follow up from Monday's posts for socal oc area

3/5
- Ordered LR RWD/MSM/Aero/black interior/AP
- completed steps and order status on creating contract...

3/19 AM
- received txt scheduled to pick up on 3/20 @ noon
- sent message back to rescheduled (schedule conflicts/work etc.)

3/19 PM
- received email that we'll talk tomorrow to get it scheduled

3/20 AM
- talked to an actual person!
- got scheduled for 3/23 afternoon pick up

So I guess I should move in here now.

Ordered a MR black/white/18”/AP on 3/14
Got called 3/21 about MR not being available
New order is for LR black/white/19”/AP

Car was nearby, so should have VIN and delivery scheduled in the next few days they said.

Reactions: InParadise
Just finished taking delivery of my LR RWD black/black. All went very smoothly and the car looks fantastic. There was a minor issue with the door trim having a bit of a gap between the front and rear door but I pointed it out to them and they drove it back to the service center and had it fixed perfectly in less than 10 minutes. Other than that the car was flawless and drives great. It's our second M3. We purchased the last one a few months ago and loved it so much that it was an easy decision to go with a second one. The Costa Mesa delivery team was fantastic and everyone was very professional and enthusiastic to deal with. I'm very excited!

FWIW, I'm another MR refugee/upgrader. I ordered the MR white/white with stock 18-inch wheels on March 14 and got a call about the discontinuation and unavailability of the MR on the 20th. There's still no VIN on my order page. Fortunately, I'm not in any great rush; the lease on my Chevy Volt is up in November, so I'm not under any sort of time crunch to get a new car. As long as I get it before the Federal tax credit drops at the end of June, I'll be good.

I was able to get a MR vehicle probably one the last few in inventory. But it is a pretty shitty move on Tesla’s part to shaft the people that ordered one online only to tell them weeks later that they can’t make em any more. All of those guys should have had significant discounts or free software upgrades or supercharging at a minimum towards a LR upgrade

Tesla finally delivers a LR RWD with a white interior 1,085 days after my reservation.

Looks amazing.

Thanks to the Tempe Service Center team who even found me a die cast car. A++

Resized_20190321_173308_6994.jpeg

Resized_20190321_173308_6994.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_20190321_173402_4054.jpeg
    Resized_20190321_173402_4054.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 36
Hey all! So while I’m waiting for delivery I noticed something in my Tesla account. I didn’t opt for the autopilot or the full-self drive options but now I can buy enhanced auto pilot for $5k, what’s the difference?

Interesting. A few months ago, Tesla broke up driving automation/convenience features as follows (not all of these are Tesla's official nomenclature):

• Enhanced Autopilot: $5,000 (IIRC)
    • Adaptive cruise control
    • Braking for hazards
    • Automatic steering
    • Navigate on Autopilot
    • Summon
    • Autopark
  • Full Self-Driving: $3,000 (IIRC)
    • The promise of future features

As FSD provided no immediate benefits, Tesla dropped this option from the Web-based order form (although IIRC, it could still be bought off-menu). Then, a few weeks ago, Tesla re-organized those features:

• Autopilot (note: not "Enhanced"): $3,000
    • Braking for hazards
    • Automatic steering
  • Full Self-Driving: $5,000
    • Navigate on Autopilot
    • Summon
    • Autopark
    • The promise of future features, now spelled out to include recognition of stop signs and traffic lights and a vaguer promise of "automatic driving on city streets"

These features always cost $1,000-$2,000 more per package when added to cars after delivery, and Tesla changed that pricing structure, too, in such a way that some people felt ripped off because they'd paid for FSD when they ordered their cars because they believed it would save them money over buying it later, but the changes made it cheaper to have not bought it up-front, but to have instead bought it later. In an apparent attempt to mollify those buyers, Elon Musk issued a vague tweet to the effect that EAP/AP/FSD pricing would be returning to "normal" at the same time as the 3% price increases went into effect. I haven't noticed anything on the Web configurator -- when ordering a new car, the new AP/FSD options remain in place, at the new prices. What you're describing sounds like the old options mix, though, so maybe this is the options returning to "normal," as Musk vaguely promised. If you're interested in those features, you might want to call a salesperson -- but sometimes they're as much in the dark as anybody else.

Interesting. A few months ago, Tesla broke up driving automation/convenience features as follows (not all of these are Tesla's official nomenclature):

• Enhanced Autopilot: $5,000 (IIRC)
    • Braking for hazards
    • Automatic steering
    • Navigate on Autopilot
    • Summon
    • Autopark
  • Full Self-Driving: $3,000 (IIRC)
    • The promise of future features

As FSD provided no immediate benefits, Tesla dropped this option from the Web-based order form (although IIRC, it could still be bought off-menu). Then, a few weeks ago, Tesla re-organized those features:

• Autopilot (note: not "Enhanced"): $3,000
    • Braking for hazards
    • Automatic steering
  • Full Self-Driving: $5,000
    • Navigate on Autopilot
    • Summon
    • Autopark
    • The promise of future features, now spelled out to include recognition of stop signs and traffic lights and a vaguer promise of "automatic driving on city streets"

These features always cost $1,000-$2,000 more per package when added to cars after delivery, and Tesla changed that pricing structure, too, in such a way that some people felt ripped off because they'd paid for FSD when they ordered their cars because they believed it would save them money over buying it later, but the changes made it cheaper to have not bought it up-front, but to have instead bought it later. In an apparent attempt to mollify those buyers, Elon Musk issued a vague tweet to the effect that EAP/AP/FSD pricing would be returning to "normal" at the same time as the 3% price increases went into effect. I haven't noticed anything on the Web configurator -- when ordering a new car, the new AP/FSD options remain in place, at the new prices. What you're describing sounds like the old options mix, though, so maybe this is the options returning to "normal," as Musk vaguely promised. If you're interested in those features, you might want to call a salesperson -- but sometimes they're as much in the dark as anybody else.
I read about this on another forum. It seems it was a software glitch. I bet if you refresh and look at the page, you would see only AP and FSD. EAP no more exists.