Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another update - while I was typing the above, Tesla corrected my sales contract to reflect the new ("K") white/white model, and now everything is completely squared away. I guess the takeaway from this is, until you get a VIN, things may go quite slow, but, once a VIN is assigned, things move quite quickly. Again, the team in Fremont did a fantastic job in pro-actively helping me resolve the issues that were created when I changed paint colors and changed from MR to LR. I hope all reading this who have yet to get their VINs soon find their patience rewarded as I did.

What number do you call for Fremont? I am in Toronto Canada and need to contact HQ as the response from local dealership is not helpful. I am still stuck with a MR and they are insisting that I need not change to SR+ or LR and asking me to wait for eternity to get 2019 MR.

When I call regular toll free number, it would ask if its Canadian delivery and goes to a never ending waiting tone. I have tried for 30-60 mins multiple times listening to the annoying music. I want to talk to someone in Fremont, any numbers you can suggest?

As another data point...

Ordered LR RWD on 3/18 (Black/White/18"). Got a VIN (2019!) on 3/20 and finished paperwork online the next day.

Delivery was set for 3/25. Delivery center (Marina Del Rey in CA) said it would come sooner and moved me to 3/23. On 3/22, they said car had left factory but still hadn't been picked up, and so delayed me to 3/29.

Called them today (3/27), and they confirmed that the car is now in the area awaiting inspection and wash, and that 3/29 is still realistic. Fingers crossed for an easy pickup this Friday!

Finally got a VIN but not for the car I ordered.

Ordered 2/28. Blue/Black, RWD, 19" wheels no AP

Finally got a call from Tesla California today. They tell me there was a White/Black with 19's with comped paint upgrade from Blue to White. I hate having a white car so that was a no. Then he tells me there is a Blue/Black sitting here in Vancouver with aero wheels. He says obviously the aero's drop 2grand off the price from the 19s and he also offered a $2,000 CAD price adjustment which covers the blue paint. So I essentially pay for a Black/Black Aero and get Blue/Black Aero. So I said yes and the VIN is already assigned in my account. No firm delivery schedule as of yet though. Pretty happy with that call. Probably going to just take the aero covers off and get the $50 kit and call it a day. I doubt I will bother spending more money on the wheels.

Finally got a VIN but not for the car I ordered.

Ordered 2/28. Blue/Black, RWD, 19" wheels no AP

Finally got a call from Tesla California today. They tell me there was a White/Black with 19's with comped paint upgrade from Blue to White. I hate having a white car so that was a no. Then he tells me there is a Blue/Black sitting here in Vancouver with aero wheels. He says obviously the aero's drop 2grand off the price from the 19s and he also offered a $2,000 CAD price adjustment which covers the blue paint. So I essentially pay for a Black/Black Aero and get Blue/Black Aero. So I said yes and the VIN is already assigned in my account. No firm delivery schedule as of yet though. Pretty happy with that call. Probably going to just take the aero covers off and get the $50 kit and call it a day. I doubt I will bother spending more money on the wheels.
Congratulations! Awesome deal! When I upgraded to the LR from MR, I originally had 19in wheels, then went with 18in on the LR to not increase the price.

Ultimately, I plan to use these rims and transfer the stock tires to it:

There is a referral program for this store for customers who bought from them, I did not buy anything from them yet, but I have a code from someone else if you need one. It is $50 off the first $500. They also have promotions for free delivery (last was St.Patrick's Day), so I may wait for another to pull the trigger.

I just ordered the black on black, sport rims, long range, RWD, w/ auto-pilot today. Delivery is in two days and it is being delivered directly to my home...but the VIN is 2018. I think I'm going to call and wait it out for a 2019.

Unless you're worried about losing the money after the price increase or a tax rebate I would reject the 2018...unless they want to give you a break on price...which they probably won't.

Unless you're worried about losing the money after the price increase or a tax rebate I would reject the 2018...unless they want to give you a break on price...which they probably won't.

Yea, I literally just ordered it today. I would think a 2019 VIN should be available before July. The only time I'm against is that my loan with my credit union expires in 60 days and then I would just have to re-apply which shouldn't be a big deal.

I contacted Tesla about getting a 30 day autopilot trial and this was their response.

We are actually offering our owners who are recently taking delivery a 60-day Autopilot trial. This will be an automated process with it being sent to your car, and will be coming as part of a future firmware update. We don't know exactly when that update will be sent, but we expect it to be soon.

• Informative
Reactions: OCR1 and InParadise
white on white delivery date is tomorrow but no vin or purchase contract yet. I live in the bay area and it is supposed to be a direct delivery from the factory. Doesn't look promising at this point. Getting sick of this whole thing at this point.
The bad thing is i paid for the whole thing too thinking this date would stick.

White / Black / 19 inch wheels is supposed to be delivered by Sunday 03/31. I live close to a service center but they are offering to deliver to my home. Any gotchas with this and have you seen this before? I was a midrange buyer and was called to change to the LWD. They provided me with a free White paint due to the discontinuation of the Midrange. Not a bad deal.

I'm excited :D

Reactions: InParadise
I live close to a service center but they are offering to deliver to my home. Any gotchas with this and have you seen this before?

Not sure if it's unique to Southern California, but my online portal, surprisingly, showed that delivery was set for my house, despite living very close to a delivery center. The first time I called to ask about trade-in/delivery, they informed me that there was some glitch showing home deliveries, but that in fact I would have to come to the service center. My online portal was never updated to reflect that, but in subsequent conversations they have confirmed that I am supposed to come to the delivery center. So as long as you've spoken with someone (which it sounds like you have) I think you'll be good!

Not sure if it's unique to Southern California, but my online portal, surprisingly, showed that delivery was set for my house, despite living very close to a delivery center. The first time I called to ask about trade-in/delivery, they informed me that there was some glitch showing home deliveries, but that in fact I would have to come to the service center. My online portal was never updated to reflect that, but in subsequent conversations they have confirmed that I am supposed to come to the delivery center. So as long as you've spoken with someone (which it sounds like you have) I think you'll be good!

Same happened to me. Text said delivery center, account said home. Called to ask and she changed my account to the delivery center.

Yea same for me as well - account said delivery at home. Just called to make sure they were delivering the car tomorrow per my account and not only did they say NO they are not delivering it tomorrow, they also said I can go pick it up today. So... how do I survive the next 4.5 hours of excitment?!

Reactions: St3LR
Delivery of red/black/sport wheels set for the 30th but I still have no VIN. I upgraded to LR on the 20th when they informed me that MR won’t be happening. It’s been over a month since I originally ordered and still no car while I see others taking delivery everyday at the service center (service center is on my way to work). Expecting to be disappointed but I still am hopeful to get the car this weekend

I ordered: White/White LR RWD 18" Aero's on March 7th. Just got a call from local delivery here in Palm Springs, and was told they'll deliver the car to my home at 2pm today. That's about 2 hours from now, and... true to my nature, I'm sitting here stressing about things like panel fits, paint, seals, electronics, etc. Hopefully that'll all be fine, and I'll have a photo or two to put up in a few hours.

Ordered MSM w/ black interior, aeros, and FSD on 3/14 (about 15 minutes after the Model Y unveiling). Got an automated SMS on 3/17 with a delivery appointment set for 3/26 at 6pm at my home. Call from my local salesman on 3/19 saying he had found a 2019 VIN (313,XXX) with exact match to my order in Phoenix and would have it shipped to Houston. Talked to DA 3/21 (today) to approve my MVPA and sent funds (required to pay in full before shipment to Texas). Told by DA that my delivery appointment is subject to transport, but has been tentatively updated to 3/30.

So far, pretty smooth. I expect they're doing what is in their power to get the car into my hands before the end of the month. It's nice when both parties' motivations are uniformly aligned...

Got a call on the morning of 3/27 (yesterday) to say that my car had arrived from Phoenix and could be picked up any time. Took delivery yesterday at 3pm. No major quality issues observed, although it seems that the doors take significant effort to close properly. I'll drive another couple of days to flush out any other bugs and then schedule a service visit to let them evaluate the doors.

So far, going on 23 hours and the smile hasn't faded away from my face yet!

EDIT: I wanted to let drivers taking delivery know that I got an update to 5.15 as soon as I got home. That was followed by the update to 8.3 overnight. Haven't had a chance to hammer the throttle yet today, but looking forward to doing so on my way home...

Reactions: InParadise