Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my exact config, but no VIN. I did speak to my sales rep today. Said she'd gotten and email a couple of days ago saying there were 900 or so LR RWD vehicles in the queue and that around 800 would be produced to meet the June deadline. Said to call back if I didn't have a VIN by Monday. Here's hoping I'm not in the last 100.

That's my exact config, but no VIN. I did speak to my sales rep today. Said she'd gotten and email a couple of days ago saying there were 900 or so LR RWD vehicles in the queue and that around 800 would be produced to meet the June deadline. Said to call back if I didn't have a VIN by Monday. Here's hoping I'm not in the last 100.
Now you have me real nervous since I ordered a bit later than most here on 6/8. I am in CA though so hope that helps.

Since a lot of people following this thread will be picking up their vehicles in the next week or so, I thought I would post a few tidbits of things I’ve learned taking delivery of three Model 3’s in the past six months. Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.

1) Don’t pay Tesla anything beyond the $2,500 deposit until you inspect the car. Ignore the instruction to pay in full, ignore anything a Tesla rep tells you on the phone. If you are paying in full with cash, you can either bring a personal check or just pay via ACH after you inspect the car. If you are financing, try to get the bank to mail the check to you rather than Tesla directly. You have much better control over the situation if they don’t have your money yet.

2) Don’t sign any paperwork until you inspect the car. A rep will greet you and ask you to sign paperwork before they show you the vehicle. Just let them know you will be spending 30-45 minutes inspecting the vehicle first and then you can go over paperwork with them afterwards.

3) Don’t let anyone rush you. If they try to imply they are busy and don’t have a lot of time just ignore them. It’s your car, make sure it’s what you expect.

4) Bring a flashlight and tape measure. Compare the body panel gaps from left to right side and make sure there are no major variances (greater than 4mm). Inspect the nooks and crannies of the car, especially the undercarriage.

5) Look for paint scratches, dirt, bubbles, and swirl marks. Inspect the paint very carefully. Tesla does not do paint repairs. They send the jobs out to a third party body shop. This is a major hassle for a brand new car. If the paint has major blemishes don’t be afraid to reject the car and demand another VIN. They will have extra inventory so there is a good chance they will be able to find you another car in better condition.

6) If there are any issues with the car that need correction, ask them to create a due bill for you and ask for a written hard copy of the due bill. They may tell you they don’t issue hard copies of due bills. They do, trust me. Just say you require this to take delivery. Otherwise you may be fighting with them after the fact on whether they are going to fix something.

I know many of you are very anxiously awaiting delivery and the last thing you want to do when you get there is reject your car. I’ve been to five deliveries and I rejected two cars (and bought 3). It was heartbreaking to leave twice without a car but in both cases the issues were significant enough that it warranted rejecting them. You are going to have this car for a long time and you are paying a lot of money for it. If it doesn’t feel right to you don’t rush to accept something you are not sure of. You want to be happy with your purchase and not feel like you had to settle for something less than what you were expecting.

Good luck with the deliveries and please post your experiences after you are finished!
Thanks for the info. Picking up tomorrow. As far as the final payment, I can do that online at the SC via my bank account after I inspect the car? I was wondering about this final payment. I’m financing thought them, and I’m ready except final payment.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Hey Dirtman16, I assume you talked with someone in Brentwood. I am down in Birmigham and Brentwood is where I ordered my car on 5/24, MSM, 18" wheels and black interior. At least we know to expect some action over the weekend. I surely hope not to be in that last 100!

so just got off the tesla chat. i now have a delivery advisor who just emailed me. also, when i look at my page source there is a vin.
but, the vin is listed under inventory callback "/inventory/callback/5YJXCAE4XGF006813"

don't see that vin on ev-cpo, so not sure if it is mine or if i should be expecting a call trying to get me to switch

so just got off the tesla chat. i now have a delivery advisor who just emailed me. also, when i look at my page source there is a vin.
but, the vin is listed under inventory callback "/inventory/callback/5YJXCAE4XGF006813"

don't see that vin on ev-cpo, so not sure if it is mine or if i should be expecting a call trying to get me to switch

i saw something similar on the the same line, but now it is gone for me

Just got a VIN! Ordered 5/15. MSM, 19", Black int. Sounds like it just got made, but VIN Is 331xxx. Should make it up to Minnesota in time! Was the consensus that an earlier VIN block was reserved for RWD models and that is why we are seeing the lower VIN number assignments?

Reactions: lax1mxb
Just got a VIN! Ordered 5/15. MSM, 19", Black int. Sounds like it just got made, but VIN Is 331xxx. Should make it up to Minnesota in time! Was the consensus that an earlier VIN block was reserved for RWD models and that is why we are seeing the lower VIN number assignments?

That's the consensus so far. If you get the chance, try and call Tesla and they will tell you manufacturer date and whether it has AP 2.5/3.

So lucky to get delivery so fast! I have to wait till next weekend haha

Yeah, called up Tesla to ask them if i can get the car before i leave on Monday for vacation since i'm only an hour away from Fremont They said the car is 'not fully ready yet' and i have to stick with what the delivery date posted on my account. I fought and fought and said your car will not be ready by Monday period. It was set for June 22 on my page. Told them i'm on vacation and won't be back until 27th. They said they will hold it for a week, so now it's for Saturday, June 29.

Thanks for the write up in regards to accepting the car. I was also told the same thing by my friend who has an X, when it comes to the payment. Don't pay anything (other than the deposit), until the day you pick up the car, for if you pay them, it's hard for you to get it back. I'll bring the check from my Credit Union and will write a personal check for my down.

One last pointer that another Tesla owner told me is make sure you take a screenshot of your Manage your page screen, particularly the delivery date. As you guys know, some of the information changes on that screen, and you don't want to show up at pickup and your date has changed.