Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The announcement that Homelink is no longer included was on May 31st so if you ordered your car before then you have an argument to make that they owe it to you. I’m guessing that each delivery center will handle the situation differently though so you may or may not be able to convince them to add it to your due bill on delivery. It can’t hurt to try though.

Costa Mesa delivery center, still insisting just now that NO LR RWD are in production, all are older production and all come with HW 2.5. They are insisting my VIN to pickup will be the same as all the others, and be HW 2.5 for all others.

People with first "new production" non-FSD LR RWD, please post your build date off door sticker, and physical inspection confirms HW 3 is installed:
(make sure to go past credits at end, to see printout of what to look for)

FYI, the "birthday" of my car as reported by several Tesla advisors, is 5/23/19 (which would indicate a HW3 car). However, the actual "build date" per another advisor is 3/24/19, and he shows it as having APH3 (which is HW2.5).

So frikken confusing all this misinformation....

Thanks!
I got my VIN on Friday night. Called my DA Saturday morning. She told me my car came off the production line within the previous 24 hours and was waiting in the yard at Fremont to loading onto a truck. Don't know about you, but that sounds like new production to me.

Most to the Tesla customer facing staff don't really know the facts but are convinced that they do. Like the day I ordered my car on 5/24. The guy I talked to in Nashville ASSURED me that the LR RWD was NOT available. I questioned him 3 times and he stuck to his story. Seeing I was getting nowhere, I said good bye and was looking up the national sales number to call them directly. Before I could dial, the guy calls back within 3 minutes. He simply asked one of his co-workers and found he was wrong and took my order.

In my 3 weeks actively following all this, I have come to believe that the consensus opinion within this waiting room is far more reliable than what you might hear from any single Tesla employee.

Costa Mesa delivery center, still insisting just now that NO LR RWD are in production, all are older production and all come with HW 2.5. They are insisting my VIN to pickup will be the same as all the others, and be HW 2.5 for all others.

People with first "new production" non-FSD LR RWD, please post your build date off door sticker, and physical inspection confirms HW 3 is installed:
(make sure to go past credits at end, to see printout of what to look for)

FYI, the "birthday" of my car as reported by several Tesla advisors, is 5/23/19 (which would indicate a HW3 car). However, the actual "build date" per another advisor is 3/24/19, and he shows it as having APH3 (which is HW2.5).

So frikken confusing all this misinformation....

Thanks!
Oh yeah, Costa Mesa delivery advisers were always super unhelpful to me. They were the ones who said I couldn't order it new, and whenever I asked for status on my order they were the ones that old me it would never be made again and you probably won't ever get a car (then never proceeded to sell me up or offer me anything). I got really discouraged, but stories on here is what helped me. I finally talked to a sales associate who said that he had 10+ clients with LR RWD orders and I shouldn't worry, and my current delivery adviser there was super helpful and nice (probably most helpful out of anyone I've ever talked to at Tesla ever).

Reactions: jvmoore1
Started the weekend so positive with all the reports of VINs. Meanwhile, still crickets for me heading into the new week. White/black/18" ordered 6/8

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 6/8 rather suprised others who ordered same time got theirs before people who ordered in May. Maybe they just had stock in that area at that time.

18” pearl white. Black interior. AP only.

Also hoping since we are in California ours are slightly delayed to ship to others further away. Makes sense. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 6/8 rather suprised others who ordered same time got theirs before people who ordered in May. Maybe they just had stock in that area at that time.

18” pearl white. Black interior. AP only.

Also hoping since we are in California ours are slightly delayed to ship to others further away. Makes sense. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Based on the waves of VINs it was all about what was being produced. Friday looked like 19" wheels with spread of colors, Saturday 18". For some reason the white ext / black int seems to be a variant they didn't produce yet (hopefully).

Based on the waves of VINs it was all about what was being produced. Friday looked like 19" wheels with spread of colors, Saturday 18". For some reason the white ext / black int seems to be a variant they didn't produce yet (hopefully).
I received my VIN for White/black/18 on Saturday, but I am in GA. It appears they wanted to get the cars that had to travel the furthest out first. If this theory is true, your VINS should be coming out soon and perhaps you will be able to pick up your cars this week since you are closer. Let's hope so.

I received my VIN for White/black/18 on Saturday, but I am in GA. It appears they wanted to get the cars that had to travel the furthest out first. If this theory is true, your VINS should be coming out soon and perhaps you will be able to pick up your cars this week since you are closer. Let's hope so.
Hmm. Idk, now this is making me doubtful. I would imagine someone from Tesla should be contacting the people without VINs either tomorrow or the next day, to figure out what's the best optoin

Hmm. Idk, now this is making me doubtful. I would imagine someone from Tesla should be contacting the people without VINs either tomorrow or the next day, to figure out what's the best optoin
Not sure how true it is, but I heard from a reliable source that everyone who ordered by 6//5/19 should get their car before June 30th. I think I saw a few members here who ordered after this date to receive VINS. Hopefully, those waiting for VINS will receive them soon. If not, perhaps Tesla may be willing to discount some things to sweetened the deal and to keep buyers from canceling.

ordered on 6/4. MSM, white, 18in wheel.
What really has me concerned is i asked my advisor yesterday if there was any progress. she said she didnt see anything.
immediately replied back if she thought i would have it by the end of the month....radio silence. no reply. like when you dont want to hurt someone's feelings or let them down.

going to start looking at a Plan B since our lease is coming up for my wife's car.