Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hypothesis about region may still be holding true... Ordered 5/22, pear while/black interior, 18" wheels... hopefully we're at the tail end of the production run as delivering our cars would be easy prior to end of Q2.

Don't think it's true. I ordered 6/4 and got it 6/17. The problem is just the configuration. I think they are building RWD not in batches, but only building the ones that have been ordered. Black/black is probably the most common, so they might have built that first.

Something weird I saw though. My key card protector had a RED Multi Coat label on it, even though I ordered Solid Black. I believe this is because they possibly took one of the vins meant for a RED car, and then made it black because that's what I had ordered.

I got vin !!!
vin":247
ordered 5/29 adjusted to add FSD on 6/7
ordered: Model 3 RWD Long Range, Red, black interior, FSD, 18" aero

my page has changed from drafting your contract to pay the remaining balance
You might be able to find your VIN in the page source. My VIN showed up there a few hours before my account page changed to "Pay your remaining balance". In any event, it definitely shows progress!!

Europe was told they are not available anymore from the many posting...

For US/Canada. Trying calling a East coast Tesla store (they are already open) and ask to order a LR RWD. Depending on your location, they may not guarantee a delivery by the end of the quarter.
ordered mine on friday of last week, first it was loaded AWD but then i switched it to silver, 19in wheels, white interior RW LR and the guy said prob around 4-6 weeks so you def won't be getting it before the end of the quarter

I think I just got mine too! Page changed to, "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery," and if I do the source code thing seems to show a VIN. 345xxx. Ordered 5/22. Pearl white/18"/black interior/AP.

So to those still waiting seems like there still being produced and assigned!

Last edited:
EV-CPO showing 30 used LR RWD
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 10.26.31 AM.png

I think I just got mine too! Page changed to, "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery," and if I do the source code thing seems to show a VIN. 345xxx. Ordered 5/22. Pear white/18"/black interior/AP.

So to those still waiting seems like there still being produced and assigned!

I'm Bay Area with the same config, nothing yet though for me though. Crossing my fingers. I would have preferred some more advanced notice/info to help time the sale of my old car.

Hi guys, greetings from Europe from a fellow future LR RWD driver (hopefully). I ordered my (blue/black 18") 06/05 and have been constantly checking my order ever since.

Since I've been following both the Dutch LR RWD waiting room threat and this one, I thought to update you guys on the status in Europe.

From last week, LR RWD orders are indeed no longer possible. I was told, however, that existing orders would all still be delivered. As of today, it seems that has changed. According to messages in the Dutch LR RWD waiting room, some existing orders have been cancelled. Mine is not yet, but I'm guessing I'll be next soon. To compensate, Tesla seems to have offered a 2000EUR (± 2250 USD) discount on AWD.

Anyway, I'm still refreshing my Tesla account page regularly. Since I see a lot of you guys are also browsing the source code, this (link) Chrome extension I wrote may be of use to you too. It warns you when a VIN in source code is found, has disappeared, or has changed. You still have to visit your account page, but not having to view the source looking for your VIN does save you some time. The extension is listed as private, so I'm not sure if sharing it like this works. Feel free to let me know.

Reactions: lax1mxb