Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called advisor again today and she miraculously found my specs in a demo car that became available this morning a couple hundred miles away. VIN 323XXX 400 something demo miles LR RWD MSM/White 19"s with a $1370 price adjustment and comes with HW3 with FSD (but they are disabling via software since I didn't order) and it has Homelink. Couldn't be happier!

Totally reminds me of my experience back in college working at Dell selling factory outlet machines. Call center selling live inventory - had to literally put it in a cart as a rep and try to pitch it and all the really good deals were gone in the first 30 minutes each morning.
This happened to me as well, however after 2 days I get a text from my service adviser that the car might be "unsellable" now. I already got a loan through tesla, got my down payment, and got a call from the delivery center that the car will be ready "soon". Now they are saying we have to wait for internal to say yes or no...

Happy to hear they are working with you to make it right. Soon can't come enough for you

maybe i should start a separate thread for my journey.
checked my account earlier and total has now jumped up to 50,600.00. Almost like what happened a few weeks ago with the sports wheel change. except it is still showing the aero wheels and there is no 1,500.00 discount like it was before.
Have an email in to my OA to see what is going on. But with it being the day before the 4th i doubt i will hear anything till at least Friday

maybe i should start a separate thread for my journey.
checked my account earlier and total has now jumped up to 50,600.00. Almost like what happened a few weeks ago with the sports wheel change. except it is still showing the aero wheels and there is no 1,500.00 discount like it was before.
Have an email in to my OA to see what is going on. But with it being the day before the 4th i doubt i will hear anything till at least Friday

Wow, unexpected and unexplained price change late in the game? This happened to us twice on two different cars and neither time were we successful in getting it reversed. Incompetence or fraudulence? I'm still not sure, but it is so infuriating. Sorry you're having to deal with this. I can tell you what will happen. Your sales adviser will want to change it back but won't have the authority to do so. It will get kicked up the chain one step at a time until it reaches someone who says no and the price will remain at the 50,600 that you see now. This will take several days.

Jvmoore1, you are one patient preson my friend. I would have put down 3 downpayments on CC with 3 different AOs and gone whith whomever delivered 1st and cancelled the other 2. Still cheering for a quick delivery.

its getting harder and harder not to just cancel to be honest. with us being down to one car i can only hold out for another week or two before i will have to cancel and look for another vehicle. Thankfully this happened during the summer and wife/kids are home and not in need of a vehicle.

Called advisor again today and she miraculously found my specs in a demo car that became available this morning a couple hundred miles away. VIN 323XXX 400 something demo miles LR RWD MSM/White 19"s with a $1370 price adjustment and comes with HW3 with FSD (but they are disabling via software since I didn't order) and it has Homelink. Couldn't be happier!

Totally reminds me of my experience back in college working at Dell selling factory outlet machines. Call center selling live inventory - had to literally put it in a cart as a rep and try to pitch it and all the really good deals were gone in the first 30 minutes each morning.

so when have they scheduled for you to pick up?

Screenshot_20190705-214435__01.jpg

Ppl have been asking about the Homelink Due Bill and such. They won't give you a due bill. I scheduled it from the Tesla app as an "accessory install" and wrote in the description, "Due bill for Homelink installation". Today the paperwork showed up in my email. This is what it looks like.

I was also at a service center the other day to buy a USB dock charge cable and the service advisor also confirmed that Homelink can be installed by mobile service.

Anyways here is what it looks like... And it does say $0.00.

Can confirm RWD is back to order. Chatted with a rep and he transferred me to a guy in Fremont directly. Price is 45,900+Tax with black paint, 18" aero and black premium with Autopilot. Not sure whether it was always on and they are playing dumb founded, or if they stopped production.

So yeah, go order the RWD guys!

FWIW, I received the same info in Canada. The store reps and manager didn’t have clear info on whether a new LR RWD order could be placed, and they reached out to head office / Fremont and got a reply that you can indeed place a new order.

Why don't they just put it on the web site? It's like a silly game they are playing, don't they think folks share this info on that new fangled thing called "the internets"?

Because they would rather sell you an AWD or Performance model which they can charge more for. And judging by the number of members on this forum who are still confused as to whether you can order a LR RWD model I would say that the majority of consumers (who don’t actively read car forums) have no idea that there are offline models available. They just order one of the online models without asking any further questions.