Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol I did a nearly identical spreadsheet in numbers and went back and forth for a month over which model to get. The SR+ getting the 5K federal incentive just really drives a significant difference in price for it compared to LR RWD/AWD. Did you end up placing your order yet?
Yes I did. And mainly it was because of that 5k federal incentive. If the incentive was there for all I would have harder time to decide but I think eventually I would probably get the LR RWD as it has the premium interior, longer range and a touch faster car.
This way I just ordered SR+ and the only modification is red as I love red and this will be my first ever owned car so I wanted to get the colour right. The rest is default. I did contemplate the white interior for a long time (in fact I was dead set on white) but at the time of purchase something inside me was against it so I flipped a coin and the coin said black. So i got black and saved money. The more time passes the more pleased I am with the choice.

Still no VIN though

Reactions: Joey_82
Yes I did. And mainly it was because of that 5k federal incentive. If the incentive was there for all I would have harder time to decide but I think eventually I would probably get the LR RWD as it has the premium interior, longer range and a touch faster car.
This way I just ordered SR+ and the only modification is red as I love red and this will be my first ever owned car so I wanted to get the colour right. The rest is default. I did contemplate the white interior for a long time (in fact I was dead set on white) but at the time of purchase something inside me was against it so I flipped a coin and the coin said black. So i got black and saved money. The more time passes the more pleased I am with the choice.

Still no VIN though

Awesome, congrats. I just ordered as well, though ended up with dual motor after going back and forth for a while. Red as well though!

Given the very recent reporting that it's no longer an "off menu" offering, I'm wondering if Tesla will try converting all of the LR RWD orders to LR AWD (or SR+) orders?

since there is an AWD in portland with my exact config, i asked if they could discount it to the same price as a RWD. she said not likely since there is zero profit margin on the model 3.
i honestly don't want s SR+ due to range and what is not included. i may end up settling for an AWD, but i would hope there would be an incentive for us waiting on LR RWD to make the jump

since there is an AWD in portland with my exact config, i asked if they could discount it to the same price as a RWD. she said not likely since there is zero profit margin on the model 3.
i honestly don't want s SR+ due to range and what is not included. i may end up settling for an AWD, but i would hope there would be an incentive for us waiting on LR RWD to make the jump

If you can afford the AWD, it's much better pulling out of corners, quicker and better in increment weather. I stretched and ended up with the LR AWD and have ZERO buyer's remorse or regret.

My advisor did offer me free color and wheels or interior when making the upgrade from a RWD to AWD. However, this was back in Q2 around the 3rd or 4th week of June. Maybe yours can too, since you've been waiting for so long?

Does your salesperson know how to say anything other than “no”? I would have moved on way before. You have a lot of patience.

Was told just yesterday by an advisor I have been working with that the LR RWD can still be ordered. He seems quite knowledge to me.

I do plan on ordering one but in a situation where if it misses my delivery target I would cancel, wait it out and go with the AWD a few months later (need to save more to afford the cost difference)

Thinking if I wait till Dec maybe I could get a deal on a 2019 AWD, I don’t really see them pushing hard to move cars in the US like the end of Q2 experienced until Q4 is winding down.

ordered LR RWD on June 14 no sign of movement yet. Any one heard from adviser to change to AWD? Made so many calls and no use as someone said in the thread adviser waiting for message from mother ship from California.

Spoke to rep at head quarters and suggested me to cancel the current and order AWD since Tesla stopped producing LR RWD and he also said all the outstanding orders will be cancelled at some point. Is anyone been suggested like that?

By so much of non-sense I am growing dislike towards Tesla. Our family hype is fading away as weeks past by.