Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally home...such a long and somewhat hectic weekend. But, excited to start this new chapter as a Tesla owner.
Welcome Electric Bluegaloo 8954EF1F-358F-445F-B6C3-F3A02EA63422.jpegDDBFEE6A-6433-4C73-9F56-F4ED078B3DF4.jpeg8B8728ED-9130-497C-8791-E865CB4DE770.jpegB3751069-003C-4588-8C67-C32B537F3CEC.jpeg

Curious ; do the used ones sold by Tesla with AP come with the current AP software or the EAP software which would have come originally on those cars and is better (has some of the Self Drive features that AP does not)

Just wanted to chime in on my experience with this. I just picked up a used RWD LR Model 3 on Friday, purchased from Tesla website. It's a 2018, VIN in the 35k range, has a build date of July 2018 and only a hair over 4100 miles on it at pickup. The MVPA lists it has including Autopilot, but I was surprised to find Navigate on Autopilot and Summon being available on my drive home.

Not sure if this due to the EAP to FSD free upgrade last year, or if its a free trial. My account does have FSD available for purchase as an upgrade, so I'm guessing it's a free trial. Fingers crossed that I still have it after a month :)

Other than that, I'm super happy with the car. When I picked it up, the interior wasn't cleaned. I wouldn't call it filthy, as I've seen others descripe their used Tesla purchases, but a quick wipedown was in order. Still has the new car smell, though, so it's all good.

Just wanted to chime in on my experience with this. I just picked up a used RWD LR Model 3 on Friday, purchased from Tesla website. It's a 2018, VIN in the 35k range, has a build date of July 2018 and only a hair over 4100 miles on it at pickup. The MVPA lists it has including Autopilot, but I was surprised to find Navigate on Autopilot and Summon being available on my drive home.

Not sure if this due to the EAP to FSD free upgrade last year, or if its a free trial. My account does have FSD available for purchase as an upgrade, so I'm guessing it's a free trial. Fingers crossed that I still have it after a month :)

Other than that, I'm super happy with the car. When I picked it up, the interior wasn't cleaned. I wouldn't call it filthy, as I've seen others descripe their used Tesla purchases, but a quick wipedown was in order. Still has the new car smell, though, so it's all good.

Thank you
If car was bought with EAP in July 2018 it would have the features you mentioned
Those are/were included with EAP but are not on the current AP ; so is exactly why I was asking
As of today FSD adds nothing over EAP ; it is an extra charge in the hope it will mean something in the future.
I suspect you will get to keep those features; so good for you! Would be nice to get another confirmation of this if there are others out there.

Yeah baby!! Congrats @jvmoore1 !!! (BTW, I like the cars name!) So how does it feel!! When I take my younger (17) boy, he always tells me to "hit it!" and we blast off. I imagine your boys do the same! Enjoy the ride brother!

yes. my boys keep on asking me to punch it. my oldest keep going "i hate it, but i love it"

Congrats!!!

Now I can finally "unwatch" this thread...

aww man. i feel bad. you should have unwatched this a long time ago. lol

NIce, I am sure you will conclude it was well worth the wait.

i am happy that this ordeal is over and i can enjoy the car.

Reactions: IronQQQ and lax1mxb
I dunno it just showed up on my email lol. I don't know where any of these used 3's are. Use the chat option and maybe they can help.

Yet another miss by Telsa. If you have to add a $2000.00 delivery charge, their used 3 prices are too high but if you can get the car from somewhere and avoid that fee / any destination charge they are more intriguing. How hard is it to list a pickup location zip code?

Same thing with the AP / EAP. If they were selling them as with EAP the prices look more attractive and some seem to in fact have EAP instead of AP. Add to that the fact they are not cleaning the interiors, are giving the original warranty only compared to how they sell the S and X used models and it is clear Tesla really wants to see new Model 3's not used ones.

Yet another miss by Telsa. If you have to add a $2000.00 delivery charge, their used 3 prices are too high but if you can get the car from somewhere and avoid that fee / any destination charge they are more intriguing. How hard is it to list a pickup location zip code?

Same thing with the AP / EAP. If they were selling them as with EAP the prices look more attractive and some seem to in fact have EAP instead of AP. Add to that the fact they are not cleaning the interiors, are giving the original warranty only compared to how they sell the S and X used models and it is clear Tesla really wants to see new Model 3's not used ones.

I think we’re kind of “breaking the system”. I had the same issue and called a Tesla store to get an answer right away (chat wasn’t available) and the rep kept getting really confused saying I should be able to see it on the page RIGHT BEFORE the vehicle page. I realized that normally if you go to tesla.com and search for used inventory it’ll ask for a zip and then show cars within an up to 200 mile range, and I believe on the results list it’ll show the location then. (I THINK) However, since we use a more powerful search (ev-cpo) or the like, we’re bypassing the search page and going directly to the car listing. Super pain in the butt, but maybe Tesla specifically does that because the cars move around frequently or because they never expect people further then a couple hundred miles being interested?

Edit: Actually I guess what I just typed really only applies to searching new inventory. When I switch to used the distance limitation in the filter disappears, but I still only see like 10 “near me”. So there must be some Tesla specified search radius when using their tool.