Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD with 2nd gen seats and headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Loving AWD M3, thinking about picking up a used LR RWD. Does anyone know, was there a period before RWD LR was discontinued that they were making them with second generation seats and improved headlights, or were they all made with the older hardware?

Thanks,

Actually, I think that 2nd gen seats started rolling out in Feb 2018, before the big buildup of Model 3s occurred. By the time my March car arrived, it was Gen 2.

I think that somewhere around VIN 015000 is when it changed, definitely changes by 019000

Actually, I think that 2nd gen seats started rolling out in Feb 2018, before the big buildup of Model 3s occurred. By the time my March car arrived, it was Gen 2.

I think that somewhere around VIN 015000 is when it changed, definitely changes by 019000
I took delivery of my car in late March and it came with Gen 1 seats for front and back. My VIN is 7XXX.

I have the 2nd gen front seats but 1st gen rear. My car is an April 2018 build picked up 4/25/18. My co-worker picked up his car 2 weeks after me and he has 2nd gen front and back. Both of us are in the 17xxx VIN range, but I'm early and he's later.