Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR set to 90%. Used to go to 290 mi but now 281 mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 Long Range. I have it set to charge to 90%, which I think is the factory default.

Earlier this year, I would get a notification on my phone that the car is charged and it has 290 mile range. But now, it says it’s charged with 281 mile range. Did my battery degrade this quickly over the last several months? Or is it some sort of firmware update messing around with numbers? I’ve had the car since July 2018 and has about 7000 miles.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

My LR AWD isn't getting the same range. I plan to bring this up to the next service appointment I got.

upload_2019-9-25_15-45-22.png

My LR AWD isn't getting the same range. I plan to bring this up to the next service appointment I got.

View attachment 458944

You will need to have something other than teslafi or stats data (it will need to be something shown directly on screen on the car or in the tesla app). Otherwise they will not care one single bit about teslafi or any other third party app data collection, regarldess of where it is coming from.

They are also not going to care about any "estimated" total. they will tell you to charge to 100 and show what the car actually charges to, when allowed to complete a charge at 100%. It sometimes takes time when charging to 100% so you would need to let it finish. You will need to do that, and take a picture, and have that picture show 100% is like 280, for them to even start to look at it.

Aloha,
I too have an AWD Long Range, just 3 weeks into our relationship. I love the data chart you have. Is this an app, or something already within system software?

I am wondering about charge current and all things associated with the charging system. It's time for me to become educated. Any and all reference ideas would be appreciated.

thank you... Enjoy the Ride!

Aloha,
I too have an AWD Long Range, just 3 weeks into our relationship. I love the data chart you have. Is this an app, or something already within system software?

I am wondering about charge current and all things associated with the charging system. It's time for me to become educated. Any and all reference ideas would be appreciated.

thank you... Enjoy the Ride!
Welcome and congratulations :)

The chart you are likely referencing is from an web application called "teslafi" which has a free trial but is not a free application for long term use.