Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LRRWD vs LRAWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I picked up LRRWD last Tuesday which I like and so enjoying. It has some minor external issues that hopefully can be addressed.
Now that the LRAWD discounted since last week it is very close to mine.
I believe under $3000 difference.

Anyone knows how the return works? May keep it just want to discuss it with you members.

2 questions.

The mobile charging unit plugged it all the time?
How % of charge for daily use. Someone mentioned 70 summer and 80 winter.

May have taken the last LRRWD. It was stocked in Montreal. Got it in 10days.

MS
White interior
19” sports wheel

Cheers

Sounds good on charging.
Someone mentioned 70 summer 80 winter.

So you do 10% more.
Thanks.
Yeah I do about 100kms round trip for work, so find the 80-90% gives me some cushion if I need to do errands or going out somewhere around the city after work. It’s still a lot of buffer for me, and the LR RWD has more range than the AWD. Both variants are fairly efficient.

I did but he mentioned to contact the delivery representative.

Most likely I will stay put.
But I may email the delivery rep to see his response.
I don’t think they want us to return.

they don’t care if you want to return or not.
It’s their job to help you
You may lose about 5000dollar and other small fee if return
But if you are in Montreal or Ottawa area, highly suggest to go through the hassle for the AWD model, it’s better in snow day

But if you are in Montreal or Ottawa area, highly suggest to go through the hassle for the AWD model, it’s better in snow day

Return the car should not cost anything. If within a week.

Anyway decide to stay put.

70/80% state of charge is low. I have had my model s for 4 years and consistently done 90% as suggested by Tesla. Going lower won't yield you much benefits if any and take away from you experience.

wrong. And if you don't believe this chart, google lithium battery and degradation under high SoC.

90% is OK, but 80% is better. 70% better still. I personally charge to 65% so that I can get home with 45% remaining. If you don't need the range, don't keep the battery topped up to a high SoC unnecessarily. That just causes premature degradation. If you need the range, then by all means make use of it.

High SoC, heat, and age are all working against you.

EXwpvkF.png

You should go back to ICE, less stressful for you.

wrong. And if you don't believe this chart, google lithium battery and degradation under high SoC.

90% is OK, but 80% is better. 70% better still. I personally charge to 65% so that I can get home with 45% remaining. If you don't need the range, don't keep the battery topped up to a high SoC unnecessarily. That just causes premature degradation. If you need the range, then by all means make use of it.

EXwpvkF.png

EXwpvkF.png
But you are ignoring balancing which ONLY happens at higher states of charge. The pack is only as good as the weakest brick.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
But you are ignoring balancing which ONLY happens at higher states of charge. The pack is only as good as the weakest brick.

I didn't ignore anything. I charge over 90% when I use it. I specifically mentioned to charge it up as needed. But for the majority of people, they're charging to 90% and using 20 or 30%, which is not good for longevity and completely unnecessary.

I agree, why charge for more you need within reason ? Charging to 70 if you don't need more is certainly not going to harm the battery.
Plus if I charge over 88, I have limited regen.
And even if charging less means unbalanced battery, for daily commute, it won't make any difference and when I road trip it will balance cause I will charge it over 90.
My 2 cents anyway :)