Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTD company too good to be true?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my accountant today and it does need to be New. A Used EV will attract a 18% reducing balance which means maybe 2k in year and 18% less each year. New is definitely better

Not wishing to argue any point at all but just once again pointing out that I bought a demonstrator Model S.It has all been put through my accounts and cleared by HMRC for 100% FYA... In my case I am extremely happy.

Once again I post the relevant HMRC webpage stating the fact and I have highlighted the salient sections.

410F43FA-0CCC-4DC4-A94F-A9019CB43893.png

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Perhaps it would be better to say that it needs to not be '2nd hand'.

If the car can be registered with you as the first owner then all should be good even if Tesla were using it as a demo car for some time.

If there is a previous owner then you may have problems showing it should be considered as 'new'.

What insurance companies / policies / quotes have people had for company car? First time I've ever had a company car through my own limited company.

Currently just me on insurance but wife in a couple of years (not passed test yet, will have another car first).

Do you do a specific business insurance or go to Direct Line / Churchill / LV etc?

What kind of insurance do you ask for? Social, Domestic and Pleasure and business insurance (any particular kind?).

Model 3 Long Range All Wheel Drive - white. Buying cash (not PCP etc)

Any tips? Thanks.

I have my car through a limited company. Direct Line weren't bothered about who was listed as owner or keeper of the car in terms of the quote they gave. I was a little concerned at first as they sent the policy documents out with it wrong, but I called them up and they just reissued and said it didn't have an impact on the cost.

If you get insurance from them though, I'd suggest getting a quote online through the Tesla specific link on the Tesla website and then call up - they were (no idea if still do) giving an additional discount for autopilot, but given that is now standard that might well have changed. When you call up, tell them you've had the quote online or they'll go through the whole process and quote you loads more and then ditch it all to go with the online price when you tell them.

In terms of whether you need cover for business miles, it really depends on whether you will use the car for business purposes, which is entirely unconnected to the fact that it is a company car. You can do business miles on a private car, and no business miles on a company car provided as a benefit.

Reactions: UkNorthampton