Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE (AT&T) keeps going out since 2019.32.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
2017 X 100D with 2019.32.11 for 2 weeks prior to 2019.32.12.1 and everything was 100% fine with LTE.

My AT&T LTE connection regularly go off and then back on (w/1,2 and even 3 bars) since getting 2019.32.12.1.
EVEN when sitting still at a stoplight it turned on/off 6 times.

Ramifications: slacker music, routing with traffic, voice commands.

I called Tech Support (35 min). They didn't know of any other reports (I saw 1 a minute ago on TMC).
They said to reboot (hold buttons until T). I had already did that. They said I was in queue for 2019.32.12.2.

I received 12.2 and it is still a problem. Tested after doing a 'Power Off' from screen and sitting in car for 3 minutes then pressing brake to turn it back on. Simply went around the block and LTE turned on/off several times.

OTHERs having this problem?!? I'm going on 2 roadtrips in a little while and don't want to have to deal with this.

I never use the radio. I stream, but I did the 2019.21.12 update last night, and now my LTE keeps going out.

Last edited:
2017 X 100D with 2019.32.11 for 2 weeks prior to 2019.32.12.1 and everything was 100% fine with LTE.

My AT&T LTE connection regularly go off and then back on (w/1,2 and even 3 bars) since getting 2019.32.12.1.
EVEN when sitting still at a stoplight it turned on/off 6 times.

Ramifications: slacker music, routing with traffic, voice commands.

I called Tech Support (35 min). They didn't know of any other reports (I saw 1 a minute ago on TMC).
They said to reboot (hold buttons until T). I had already did that. They said I was in queue for 2019.32.12.2.

I received 12.2 and it is still a problem. Tested after doing a 'Power Off' from screen and sitting in car for 3 minutes then pressing brake to turn it back on. Simply went around the block and LTE turned on/off several times.

OTHERs having this problem?!? I'm going on 2 roadtrips in a little while and don't want to have to deal with this.

UPDATE: WORKING
Remember that I did b & c rebooting for this one at different times. I did some additional rebooting and LTE stayed on for a 10 minute drive in a similar test loop. 3 that I did immediately before test drive. Perhaps something got moved around in memory or on the eMMC or ?
a) Information cluster/console (model X/S applicable) - held top 2 buttons down until IC reset
b) Held brake pedal firmly (continuously) while holding the two rolling buttons down (continuously) until the T showed up on the MCU.
c) Did the menu 'Power Off'; waited in the drivers seat for 3 minutes; hit brake; immediate power on
d) test drive

I may have fixed it inadvertently. I was upgrading my wheels from 20” slipstreams to 22” black onyx and I had to change the wheel configuration. The system does a reboot automatically after you change the wheel size. When it did, I had a bunch of drive errors on the screen (regen disabled, stability control, etc.) so I had to power down the system completely. So I went to the service screen, and hit power off, think it’s in service, might be in security , can’t exactly remember. Then I waited a few minutes and hit the brake to wake the vehicle back up. When I did all of the error notifications were gone, which is good, but later on this evening I went for a drive and noticed that the LTE wasn’t cutting out anymore.

So long story short, power off the vehicle, wait a few minutes, then tap the brake to wake it back up, and hopefully that will solve the problem.