Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Connection Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on the 2nd full day of no LTE connectivity. I did ~6 restarts between yesterday and today to no avail. Called it in last night and they were monitoring a software issue but also noted that they weren't receiving data logs from the vehicle. Anybody else have this issue/fixes?

Going on the 2nd full day of no LTE connectivity. I did ~6 restarts between yesterday and today to no avail. Called it in last night and they were monitoring a software issue but also noted that they weren't receiving data logs from the vehicle. Anybody else have this issue/fixes?

I’m curious how they expect to get logs without a cellular link since home WiFi isn’t supported yet.

I had this issue as well yesterday. I restarted it and it fixed itself. I noticed because I was not getting any map information on the screen.
I've restarted the screen about 10 times since Saturday but still the same issue. Even got an email from Tesla saying they can't even remote access the vehicle. Trying a work around solution later tonight and will report back.

I've restarted the screen about 10 times since Saturday but still the same issue. Even got an email from Tesla saying they can't even remote access the vehicle. Trying a work around solution later tonight and will report back.
If you’re close to a service center give them a call and swing by. Might need hard reset / fuse pulling diagnosis

Have you done fw update recently? If that failed, then it’s always good to ensure it gets pushed again as only some components will have been updated.

So I thought I could trick the system but it does appear to be a hardware issue on my end.
1. Went to the Buena Park service
If you’re close to a service center give them a call and swing by. Might need hard reset / fuse pulling diagnosis

Have you done fw update recently? If that failed, then it’s always good to ensure it gets pushed again as only some components will have been updated.
Last FW update was about a week and a half ago. Luckily I've got an appointment scheduled for this Tuesday and I'm hoping it's a simple fix. I'll update once I know the cause.

Good luck.

We will surely find hw issues, and thank goodness for awesome service centers. My wife’s 3 has side clips on seat come lose and she just popped in to have them determine the fault. They fixed in the spot.
People truly underestimate the value of the service centers and the can do attitude of the staff whilst being very courteous. Seattle and Bellevue both awesome and any other one I’ve needed to pop into (eg Portland for missing j1772 adapter whilst I was in a loner).

Glad to hear they fixed it.

In the past 5 days, I've had 3 times when the LTE was dead so no music/nav. After leaving the car off for an hour or more, the LTE comes back. Is this not normal and worth bringing into the SC?

Is the "full reboot" holding down the 2 buttons on the steering wheel? That doesn't work for me.
Soft reboot is holding down both scroll wheels until screen goes off, then releasing
Hard reboot is car in park, keep brake pedal pressed and do soft reboot.

Soft reboot will restart lte module, so if this is occurring frequently definitely call your service center and have some times within the last 5 days that this has occurred, so they can look at any remote logs to help diagnose.

Also, what firmware are you on?

Soft reboot is holding down both scroll wheels until screen goes off, then releasing

Soft reboot will restart lte module, so if this is occurring frequently definitely call your service center and have some times within the last 5 days that this has occurred, so they can look at any remote logs to help diagnose.

Thanks for the explanation. According to my app, I'm on 2017.50.13 550ee35

Thanks for the explanation. According to my app, I'm on 2017.50.13 550ee35
This is an older fw now, so you might wish to offer the service center to try pushing a newer one to yours to try and save a service visit. If you don’t receive anything within a couple of days of that reach out to them again. Some 3s, self-included, have had newer FW not make it to the car automagically and needed a push to unblock the download.

For what it's worth, I was told by phone support that releasing scroll wheels after screen turns off is different than holding until the tesla logo appears. Could be BS, could be legit.