Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE connection not working after Canada trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Canada (from New York) yesterday on a day trip - took 10 miles, but the LTE started working on Canadian provider. After returning, it wasn't working so I figured it would sort out overnight. Still isn't working - I've tried the console reboot, to no avail. Called Tesla support and may be a SC repair if waiting doesn't fix it? Anyone experience a similar issue?

Thanks!

The somewhat similar issue I saw on a trip to the east (not easy for you!) and crossing over into the Central time zone is, the car's clock never adjusted; it stayed on Mountain time. It really forced me to think about ETAs and such, since it was all totally screwy in the nav. Was there for fully 10 days, and the clock wasn't accurate until I got back to the Mountain zone. You'd think that it would grab time zones from the cell towers if it couldn't figure it out from GPS data. It was a real eye-roller: the world's most technologically advanced car ...can't tell time?!

Reactions: Mayhemm
There could be some other factor at work here, but updating the car to 8.1 seems to have buggered my LTE antenna. Prior to the update, I had universal LTE coverage where I live. Now, it frequently drops back to weak 3G in my home neighbourhood and a few others. There are even a few areas where the signal drops completely! I want to stress that a month ago I wasn't having ANY issues, now I run into buffering problems on streaming radio almost every trip! Anyone else see changes like this after updating the car to 8.1?