Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE connection problem.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been 5 month since I took delivery of this new 100D. The very first day I noticed a "slash" across the signal strength bar. I reported the problem the very day. After unsuccessful fixes by multiple firmware updates written specifically for this car, last Tuesday, Tesla decided to replace the MCU.

I picked up the car around noon today and was so happy to see LTE bar at full strength. But after I got home, once again there is a slash across the signal strength bars. I live only 2 miles from the service center...... This was the fourth visit in 5 month.

Guys, any ideas?

Attachments

• 20191010_121041.jpg
    20191010_121041.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20191010_130738.jpg
    20191010_130738.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 52
I had issues with my LTE for several weeks and recently took it in for service. I've mentioned I am constantly seeing the slash through the bars. This is what they did....

Concern: Customer states LTE connection drops frequently.

Cleared cache and reset modem per customer satisfaction. Performed infotainment system function test and passed. Confirmed proper operations of the infotainment system including features of internet radio, Bluetooth, wifi connectivity, and navigation functions.

I no longer experiencing drops in connection. The streaming of Spotify is instant and the navigation is working great.