Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE disconnected every time I get into the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having trouble searching on this, so I'm curious if this is common or not. When I got my 3, I was using TeslaFi, which was keeping the car awake 100% of the time. So I disabled that and just ended TeslaFi altogether (I really wasn't doing anything with that data). So now, though, literally every time I get into my car, it shows no signal. It takes about 1-2 minutes for the signal to show up once I start driving.

The only time this doesn't happen is if I've woken up the car to turn on climate control before I get in. However, waking up the car (even if it's just been parked for like 10-15 minutes) takes a few minutes every time. I'd say about 20% of the time, I get an error in the app saying I have no connection.

Is my experience kinda normal compared to other owners? Or should I try to deal with Tesla Service? To make matters worse, there was a week span where my car refused to connect to my Wifi. It's now connecting again, but that was weird

Reactions: sbtz and fiatlux
Yes I have very similar behavior it’s not quite 100% of the time for me but it’s a high percentage. I notice that if I watch the trip meter it gets cell service at exactly 1 minute or 2 minute roll over. It also doesn’t have WiFi when this is happening.

It’s very annoying because you can’t search on the GPS properly in this mode and steaming radio is disabled.

It’s gotten worse recently. :(

Reactions: fiatlux
Reboot the computer? That problem used to happen all the time in Model S. You needed too reboot the screen computer every once in a while to cure or prevent. press and hold both buttons on the steering wheel while holding the brake.

Reboot the computer? That problem used to happen all the time in Model S. You needed too reboot the screen computer every once in a while to cure or prevent. press and hold both buttons on the steering wheel while holding the brake.
Rebooting it actually made it worse. It happened to me once or twice within like two days, so I rebooted, then it started happening like 90% of the time. I rebooted again and it's not changed, the only difference after the second was that the car started connecting to my WiFi again.

Same problem on software 2018.39.7. And, even after LTE comes up, it will drop out to no signal every 5 minutes. When LTE is showing a signal, streaming audio won't come up...it keeps spinning until I get a loading error.
I've tried multiple thumbwheel resets without success.