TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LTE internet service doesn't return

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Sid_m3p, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Sid_m3p

Sid_m3p Member

When I park in the underground garage at work, I lose the internet service. This is not unexpected. The problem is when I leave and get back up to the surface, the internet signal doesn't come back. No LTE, no 3G, nothing.. even though it's a location where I normally get it. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to reset it so it can connect while I'm driving? Or do I have to settle for a quiet ride home?

2. Matsayz

Matsayz Member

To reset the car/screen press and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black. It may take more than a minute for cell signal to return even after the screen reboots. It’s normal.

For underground, if your phone has signal you can hotspot it and connect the car to it. If you’re in Park and do this the connection will sever once you go into Drive and you’ll have to accomplish it while in Drive... annoying but do able

3. groovyd

groovyd Member

It's been that way since day one and it doesn't seem they care enough to actually fix it. What makes it worse is you can't use voice control without it. The only fix is resetting it. Once and awhile it will recover on it's own but it can take 20+min.

• Like x 1