Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE keeps cycling off

Darthbenji

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario
Had my LTE drop for the first time today and did a reboot. Now it won’t stay on for more than 10 seconds before I lose signal. It will come back about 30-60s later, stay for 10s or so and then drop. It just keeps cycling like that. I can’t connect to the car with the app as there is no reliable connection. Any ideas?

Reactions: McFlurri

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Is your cell phone signal dropping as well? If so it could be a cell tower.
Will go check mine now.

Fred

McFlurri

Apr 27, 2016
Kitchener, Ontario
Had my LTE drop for the first time today and did a reboot. Now it won’t stay on for more than 10 seconds before I lose signal. It will come back about 30-60s later, stay for 10s or so and then drop. It just keeps cycling like that. I can’t connect to the car with the app as there is no reliable connection. Any ideas?
I have this EXACT issue!

McFlurri

Apr 27, 2016
Kitchener, Ontario
When did this start for you?
Technically i was having issues connecting to my car yesterday.. but i actually noticed it on my way home from work about an hour ago.

I tried to wake up my car to preheat it and use smart summon.. but it refused to connect.

I got fed up and got in the car and started driving and noticed what was happening.

I was getting no traffic data, no streaming music, no ability to preheat or summon. Watching the signal go from excellent to nothing for 30 minutes.

When i got home i even had to manually connect to my home wifi. As soon as i did.. my app started working (would connect to the car)

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Slow but it’s running

3AF20483-A27E-4EE4-BB50-F389B40CAA4A.jpeg

PhantmMenace

Mar 16, 2019
Vancouver

Having same issue here in Vancouver BC. I'm just assuming network issues and will correct itself like in the past.

downdetector confirms some issues in Vancouver, TO and Ottawa areas.

Tesla outage map | Downdetector

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC